1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deactivating PS3 system from your account

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by gkmpb4, Jul 29, 2008.

1. gkmpb4

gkmpb4 Regular member

I have jsut experianced the dreaded "You already have 5 PS3's activated on this account. Now I am on my third PS3 system (60g, a 40 and now another 40gb) after the first two blueray lenses died on me. I was wondering if anybody knows if Sony could help out with this. Since I dont have access to 2 ps3's to deactivate them and considering the reason on why I cant access these ps3's to deactivate them due to hardware failure, would sony take those defective ps3's off my activated account list or tell me Im SOL?.............

2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

You are SOL. We tried it. I gave a friend a gameshare 3 times. I have mine and I gave another friend something else. Out of these 5 2 have now bit the dust. A friend called Sony for me and talking to a Sony rep is like talking to a 4 year old. They basically said I was screwed.

4. alex131

alex131 Guest

You're definitely not SOL. Account Management>Account Management>Activate System>PS3>Game Content>Deactivate
    Do that on any PS3 you're not using.

5. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

He wants to deactivate systems he no longer has possession of. You can deactivate the system he possesses from the method posted above. Some say Sony can deactivate other systems and my friend called Sony in front of me and they said they couldn't. I guess it depends on if you get hold of the right person at Sony.

6. alex131

alex131 Guest

Aye. I'd imagine sony could fix this but you're right, you'd definitely need to talk to the right person as the average person on the phone is just a desk jockey that can't do shit.

7. chachamia

chachamia Member

I just encountered this today. My 80gb PS3 (the 85% backwards compatible one, part of the MGS4 package) arrived today. I set it up and found out I couldn't download any of my old games from the PSN network because I hit my limit.

I had first gotten a PS3 back in late 2006 from Costco and returned it 6 months later. I then bought another PS3 from Amazon. Then a couple months ago, a fire at my house happened and that got messed up so I claimed it for insurance. So that was two PS3s I no longer had which I never had a chance to deactivate. The other 3 activated PS3s are connected to my accounts being on my two cousins' PS3s and my in-laws PS3 (on my in-laws at least, I'm the only one who plays games on there - they rarely use it - just me whenever I visit).

I talked to Sony today and trying to get them to just deauthorize them all, but they were being difficult. Finally, they gave me a service order# and a fax# and said to fax in my receipts with serials for the PS3s I've owned and they'll give me credit back for each one. I sent them my costco and amazon receipts. I may have some other receipts from when I was buying and selling them in the beginning. IF so, I'll send those in to get some additional credits. I ultimately would like to have two PS3s in my house, but would like to keep my accounts on my in-laws' PS3, and my cousins' PS3s. I'll post again with what happened.

8. chachamia

chachamia Member

what would be ideal would be if you could click this box on any of your PS3s and deactivate all other PS3s. That would make sense. Apple has something like this with their itunes. When you hit your limit, it asks if you want to deauthorize all your accounts. That way, for any accounts you still want active, you manually set them up.

9. ganning22

ganning22 Member

is there anyway you could give me the fax number to fax in the reciepts with because i'm needing to do the same thing . . . thx in advance

10. Smigy100

Smigy100 Member

i made a post on this some time ago on playstation.com

http://boardsus.playstation.com/pla...upport&message.id=82888&query.id=33878#M82888

back then i thought the content was controlled in copied per game but now i know its by accounts/activated ps3s so instead of the example i shown with a game/copy you would have instead a mac address and which one of the 5 you would want to deactivate. and to be honest it wouldn't be hard to implement would it ?