1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DEAD HDD need original files

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by painkill, Mar 9, 2004.

1. painkill

painkill Member

ok..please get what i am saying MY HDD IS DEAD OR JUST SAY I DON"T HAVE ONE IN MY XBOX , sorry but everyone didn't get what i am saying anyway i am replacing my HDD with a 120GB HDD, but since the original is dead how is it possible for me to do this since i can't back up the files on the original.... so how can i do this, where can i get the original files to replace on the new HDD ...i am getting a mod chip and STILL trying to get evox..
    NOTE: I have been asking this on every forum i can and everyone is telling me to unlock the original drive (ITS DEAD REMEMBER>>LOL) so please can anyone assist on this ...

2. solidcad

solidcad Member

i would try to get a copy of slayer autoinstaller it will format your new hardrive to get you running again as long as you have a working bios.

3. painkill

painkill Member

What do u mean by a working bios...and after moding the box should i install the new HDD and then power on the box with slayer in the drive...

4. ten80

ten80 Member

yes power up with the slayers auto installer and a new HDD in your xbox and from the menu u can choose to format your HDD to factory defaults.

5. painkill

painkill Member

Thanks alot i will try that...one more thing i have slayers auto installer, but i have it in 22 parts (*.rar) now they seem to all contain the same info and i don't know what to do or how to start creating the disc...

6. painkill

painkill Member

Thanks alot i will try that...one more thing i have slayers auto installer, but i have it in 22 parts (*.rar) now they seem to all contain the same info and i don't know what to do or how to start creating the disc...

7. egr

egr Guest

slayers will do the trick

you need to unrar all the files into 1...

using winrar

egr