1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(/dead pixel on psp)

Discussion in 'PS2' started by sljusevi, Mar 31, 2005.

1. sljusevi

sljusevi Guest

hi i live in europe im thinking about buying a psp online from japan. but what is the dead pixel thing how often does it happend + should you return it to the retailer or sony

2. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

A 'dead pixel' can either look like a small black dot on an lcd that isn't lighting up, or it could be lighting, but only one color all the time. (red/green/blue)

Lcd monitors can have these somewhat often. Luckily some of them you may not even notice without really looking for it, occasionally you can get stuck with one bright green one or something that's noticeable all the time.

Since i have no luck ever, my first 2 lcd's i purchased both had significant pixel issues, however i really don't think it's that common.

3. sljusevi

sljusevi Guest

ok but if i buy one and it has a dead pixel problem can i return it to sony

4. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

You'd have to check their return policy or call them up. Lot's of lcd monitor company's state it needs to have 7 or more to be exchangeable.

5. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member

I recently read that sony will take back psps that have dead pixels. They reccomend you keep it for two weeks to see if it affects gameplay but if it annoys you they will exchange it for a new one.

6. cazer

cazer Regular member

ozzy1 is right they will replace it for free.
    i live in the u.s. and have no problem with mine.
    but it is my understanding that sony has used a different company for there screens here.

7. sljusevi

sljusevi Guest

ok were do you return it to your retailer or do you post it to sony?