1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dead PS2 laser

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by Roids, Mar 30, 2005.

1. Roids

Roids Member

Hi, I need help. I have a recent PS2, not a slim line, with a DMS3 chip. I bought it already modded, and the case was changed so I'm not sure exactly which version it is. The motherboard looks exactly like this one: http://www.dms3.com/cgi-bin/dms4ezi/site.pl?page=home except soldered with the DMS3 chip instead of the DMS4 EZI. It was taken apart last night and put back together. Everything is working fine except the laser won't light up, and the disc spinner is not working. The laser moves once in towards the wheel, but that's it when it is turned on. Also, the tray tries to open repeatedly. It does not boot towards the normal screen it just skips to the memory card browser. It does'nt seem to recognize that there is a disk tray installed. All the connectors are conntected properly. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

2. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Could be a short. What was the purpose of taking it apart? Did it work ok before that?

3. the front of your tray may be broken, make sure when you close it it is pushed in all the way.