1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dead PSP Batteries? Short Circuiting?

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by bboy1, Feb 2, 2008.

1. bboy1

bboy1 Regular member

I've got 3 PSP batteries, 2 are Datel Max Power and 1 is an official Sony one. All 3 of them don't charge. They 'appear' to charge for like 3 minutes but then the orange light turns off and the battery information says..

Charge Level - 0%
    Hours Left -
    Power Source - External
    Battery Status- Charge Complete

I tried this solution of short circuiting however it doesn't seem to fix them...

http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=content&itemid=148

Has anyone successfully fixed them in this way and how long did you short circuit them? How do you know if the wires are actually touching the contacts? Do you have to spark them or just keep them in contact for a while?

2. zooom1834

zooom1834 Regular member

maybe your psp doesn't charge the psp try charging it in another psp or buy an external battery charger

3. hoip

hoip Regular member

it looks like ur psp is unable to charge the batteries, u should prolli buy an external charger

4. bboy1

bboy1 Regular member

No it's not my PSP because I've got other Datel and Sony batteries that DO charge normally. I've charged tonnes of other batteries from Datel and Sony cause I'm always making Pandora Batteries.

5. cowsin

cowsin Regular member

Lawls my battery was like that and I just did what the website said i slightly bent the wire so the little strands come out and i made it into a l shape and stuck them in ti and it was stuck in there pretty well. At first i tried connecting them but it didn't work i saw a blue spark but that did't help then I tried putting it on my tongue and i felt bits of tingle and then it worked it would charge now =)