1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dead psp

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by lilpaki, Apr 5, 2007.

1. lilpaki

lilpaki Member

i got my hand on a psp. problem is that it doesnt work. it looked pretty beat up, crack screenn and marks etc, but does power on. i replaced the screen, but still no video. the green light comes on but not screen or sound. any ideas?

2. stagass

stagass Regular member

my frined i'm srry bt i think u got scre**d.it sounds like a brick to me.which means tha only thing u can do with it is to use it as a baseball or sell it(if u find a buyer) cz i think some guys buy it for parts

3. lilpaki

lilpaki Member

is there anyway to confrim its been bricked? havent they figured out a way yet to fix bricked psp?

thanks

4. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

modchip takes care of bricks.

5. lilpaki

lilpaki Member

can you give me some more information. thanks

6. staxx

staxx Regular member

7. yoyo23

yoyo23 Regular member

when a psp is bricked and u install a mod to it will it atomaticaly fix it or do u have to put it in the psp before it gets bricked?

THANKS

8. staxx

staxx Regular member

Well...

The mod chip adds another flash0 drive to your psp (think of it as a backup generator...when the lights go out, the backup generator restores power/functionality)

Yes your psp will work after it is installed correctly. However, the original corrupted flash0 still needs to be fixed. You will have to reflash your original flash0 with a copy of a non corrupted flash0.

9. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

What kind of a question is that? It doesn't even unbrick your orignal flash, it only technically "unbricks" because of the second flash on board the modchip. So really, you can't just install the modchip, take it out and expect your PSP to work normal, you have to keep in there. I know there is a way to re-install firmware on your orignal flash0, so then the modchip is kind of useless unless you brick your main flash again, because i don't think it will boot up then since its more used to repair your PSP.