1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dead PSP

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by SeDuCeD, Apr 7, 2007.

1. SeDuCeD

SeDuCeD Member

Hey, I have a 3.10 OE-A PSP, at least I had one until it stopped turning on. It's DEAD, it's not recharging, I can't see a green light and it won't turn on. Is it bricked? Last thing I did was installed Triple Triad, it crashed for some reason but I turned off my PSP and turned it back on and watched some movies on it. It worked good. But when I tried turning it on today it wouldn't respond. Please help!

2. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

try turning it all the way off; hold the power switch untill the lcd cuts off (green light blinks)

then reboot holding r trigger...if this doesnt work.....you are boned

3. SeDuCeD

SeDuCeD Member

The lights are already off. You see, what I'm trying to do is to get them turn on. It's like dead (as in the battery) but it won't charge and it won't turn on. The LCD is already cut off. And don't scare me like that, that's mean :p. It's probably something normal right? (trying to be optimistic)

4. DarkHex

DarkHex Member

ok quick question have you tried turning it on while plugged into the ac adapter? Your battery may be completely dead and if that doesnt work well then your boned beacause you cant send it back to sony because you got homebrew. If first option doesnt work you could either disect the psp and see if any thing is out of place. Last resort send to me so I can tinker with it! Lol. Good Luck Man. I take no responsibility if you f*** it up more

5. Megaman17

Megaman17 Regular member

Try buying an External Battery Charger and use it to
    charge the battery.
    After that, place it in ur PSP and try to turn it on.

It may be ur only hope.

6. fultonla

fultonla Guest

try taking the battery out of it for a couple hours then put it back in and plug in the ac adapter in overnight (dont try turning it on in between)

you never know it might work

7. SeDuCeD

SeDuCeD Member

I don't think the problem is from the battery, because prior to that the battery had more than half its power left, still I pluged it to the AC Charger overnight. When I woke up next morning it didn't turn on nor did it blink. So I'm guessing there's something wrong in the power fuse or something, I'll just give it to my friend who actually knows how to deal with that sort of stuff. Thanks alot guys.

8. fultonla

fultonla Guest

ya it is defiantly hardware related so you will probably end up taking it apart.