1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dead to Rights 2 needs to be rebuilt.

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by jay33, Apr 16, 2005.

1. jay33

jay33 Regular member

This game comes in at 4.36GB, which spells trouble. I rebuilt it and the actual game reduces down to 1.38GB. The game now play sfine using flip-top/swap magic.

2. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Good to know, thx!

3. nswolter

nswolter Regular member

yes very strange, but this seems to be common (the 4.3 G problem and the rebuilds being tiny files) i have decrypter and iso buster, but havent been able to figure out cdvdgen yet, i have the .rar file of it but dont know where to go from here. It seems like a good idea to rebuild every game you burn though, any help is appreciated if you know how to make cdvdgen work

4. jgdsl

jgdsl Member

nswolter if u read the god of war thred it with tell you how to copy on cdvdgen god of war then you use the basic setting for every other game when you go to volume tab where disc name is the scus 97399 changes for every other game it start with scus but the number will be differt for differt games

5. jay33

jay33 Regular member

The games I have rebuilt start with SLUS, not scus. This includes Dead to Rights 2.

6. jgdsl

jgdsl Member

u r right my bad its slus

7. nswolter

nswolter Regular member

yeah the problem was that i didnt have WinRAR, so i couldnt extract the .rar files i was finding for cdvdgen, got her now though. i did have a question maybe somebody can answer quick- for the battlefront rebuild you have to copy STAR.000 and STAR.001 to one iso, do you always do these 2 files, or all of them? For example i am doin tiger 2005 and it has from .000 to .004, which ones do i copy?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2005
  8. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

lol, I had the problem once, I felt pretty stupid after figuring out WINRAR was not installed and that was my problem... hahaha it was kinda funny though..

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2005
  9. nswolter

nswolter Regular member

you dont know about copying the files to one iso though PimpDawg?

10. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

11. Xmonkey29

Xmonkey29 Guest

if the game was 4.38 gb why couldnt u burn to a standard dvd-r they can actually hold 4.80gb lots of people dont know this.

12. hursty

hursty Active member

lots of people do know this......
    however when games are around that size,they dont work very well with swapmagic,thats why they are reduced in size

13. BlackPooL

BlackPooL Member

On a hard-modded PS2, the 4.35GB ISO's work though? It's only SM that they need to be rebuilt? I never knew that...

14. hursty

hursty Active member

i dont have much experience with swapmagic,i have a modchip,and i never have any bother,
    swapmagic is a pain in the ass

using games with swapmagic is too much hassle for me,there sems to be more and more games that are troublesome with swapmagic,thats why they are reduced in size

15. BlackPooL

BlackPooL Member

That's true. Most backup issues are with SM. That's what I use and granted it's kind of a P.I.T.A, but it's better than nothing. ;)

I've only owned my PSTwo for about 3 weeks, so I wasn't about to throw my warranty out the window for a mod-chip. Maybe in a year, after my SM disc is all scratched up, and when all DVD9 issues are worked out...

16. hursty

hursty Active member

as for the warranty,its true what you say,
    but i look at it this way,.........
    if you buy it from a shop that asks no questions,like argos in the u.k
    and you get a modchip,
    and it breaks,they are never going to tell,they will just give you a new one.
    and they are not exactly expensive anymore,
    if mine breaks,i will just go out and buy a new one

17. jay33

jay33 Regular member

A DVDr will hold a maximum of 4.38GB.

As for having the star.000, star.001.....you join all of them you have. If you also have say star.003, you would include that and all of them.

18. vegeta200

vegeta200 Member

Hi jay33 I am having the same trouble as you are how do I rebuilt my Dead To Rights II game which Is 4.36GB down to 1.38GB like you did thanks.

19. BlackPooL

BlackPooL Member

I mean if something goes wrong with my PS2 and I have a modchip, SONY wouldn't replace it for me. It's not the modchip I'm worrying about breaking. I don't really have $200 (Canadian) to spare to go out and buy another PS2. Plus with all the rumours I hear of PSTwo's overheating, I don't want to chance my warranty. I'm actually wishing I would have taken Future Shop's extended, in-house warranty.

20. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Where are people getting this overheating info. from? I have never in my life had a ps2 that I chipped overheat. The chances of that happening are very slim to none. The only problem that occurs more regularly is in the v12 slim ps2's, and that had to do with the laser going out after a chip install, but they have a fix for that now....