1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dead xbox....bin it....?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by twinkel, Feb 13, 2005.

1. twinkel

twinkel Regular member

can i just ask...wot would you lot do if your xbox overheated..? ( red flashing light at least).... would you try and sell it as faulty or have it repaired...?

a mate just gave me a dead xbox, and i dunno wot to do with it,( this is the first time i have ever touched an xbox) red flashin light means wot exactly, anyone know how much damage could been caused by overheating...?
    thanks in advance
    p.s i own a ps2(in case anyone wondered)

2. Squiggles

Squiggles Member

Usually a solid Red Light means overheating. A flashing Red Light could be a bad Eeprom. If you can't repair it yourself then having it repaired is an option but probably somewhat costly. You could sell it on Ebay or How much do you want for it?

3. Twinski

Twinski Regular member

just give it too me....thats probably best.......

4. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

whatever is wrong with it, sell it on ebay, trust me, youll get at least $50
    parts are selling well.
    and the good thing about xbox, is the parts that work are all reusable.
    you could consider selling the parts seperate, but on ebay, that means more in seller fees etc (ebay are related to bill gates)

A good tip too is , if you mod an xbox, increase the fan speed at the back, this is good for 1/ help cooling (duh) and 2/ you can hear it easier.
    its easy to increase fan speed, if yo udont wanna do it the hardware way, you can do it via a bios config (use evtools etc) I increase fan speed by 40% when I do an xbox with a 160gb drive,(7,200 rpm) and it does the job just fine:)

Twinski, youre da man:))))))

Last edited: Feb 14, 2005
  5. twinkel

twinkel Regular member

i am considering getting it repaired, but can i ask you lot if metal gear twin snakes was ever released on xbox, i know it came out for gamecube..

i dont have the cables or leads to check out the xbox myself, all i know is what ive been told, switched on, flashing red light, error on screen..?
    xbox is not modded
    my mates pretty sure it overheated, could that damage alot of internal parts..

Last edited: Feb 14, 2005