1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dealing with Universal movies and DVD Shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by MrSpeed, Jan 30, 2005.

1. MrSpeed

MrSpeed Guest

I have noticed that some people have had trouble backing up movies from Universal like The Bourne Supremacy with DVD Shrink. I did not have that problem at the time that movie came out or any other Universal movie. Recently I had upgraded my DVD shrink to version 3.2.0.15, the latest one. Now when DVD Shrink starts the Encode process, it errors or the program drops out when backing up those Universal movies like The Bourne Supremacy, Shaun of the Dead, Friday Night Lights, and also Ray. These movies were ripped using the latest version of DVD Decrypter. For those who want to compress these movies with DVD Shrink and are experiencing this problem try uninstalling the latest version and installing an older one. Version 3.1.7 seemed to work fine for me.
    Let us know if this does the trick.

2. J_man

J_man Regular member

These problems were solved with the new version of decryptor for movie only back ups.
    Rip with decryptor, reauthor movie only in shrink and back up and burn with decryptor or nero.

When backing up the entire disc in full mode including extras you will need to insert a still image for the unreferenced matierial files in shrink. Especially the bouncing billy.
    Rip with decryptor, open shrink while in full back up mode highlight the unreferenced material files in the left pane then in the right pane where it says automatic select insert still image. then click back up and burn with decryptor or nero.
    This method works for these movies

3. sgstyle65

sgstyle65 Member

I tried "J_man's" process and it worked like a charm. Thanks a bunch man.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2005
  4. hursty

hursty Active member

double post,pc slow again
    sorry

Last edited: Feb 9, 2005
  5. hursty

hursty Active member

strange that,i have just copied this movie in full with no problems at all with 3.2.0.15