1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Death Note Theme help!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by assasinex, May 25, 2007.

1. assasinex

assasinex Member

hi everyone, im still not a pro at these homebrewing stuff, and just upgraded my psp to 3.40 OE-A , im putting the Death Note Theme on my psp, but cant get it to work >> link is http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=61529 when it says to put the flash0 onto the Flash0:\ , i didnt get that part, i followed everything except that, and nothing realyl changed, can anyone please help me?

2. assasinex

assasinex Member

anyone plz help?

3. Oraseth

Oraseth Regular member

flash0 is the firmware memory where your operating systems files are stores, it can be accessed through the recovery menu and mounting the memory are through you firmware.

First off i really want to stress to you that any changes to flash0 is dangerous and may end up semi-bricking or bricking your psp

So if you make any changes, first back up your flash0 files. (copy them to you pc) So you can copy them back to your psp if it down not go well.

recovery mode can be accessed by pressing down the R button while turning on your psp.

4. assasinex

assasinex Member

uhm, can u please tell me ware i can find the " flash0 " , cuz i cant really find it on my memory card or anything, so how do i copy it?

5. assasinex

assasinex Member

i jusnt dont get the part where it says to put flash0 onto Flash0:\

6. Oraseth

Oraseth Regular member

because its not on your memory card. It has nothing to do with yuor memory card.

"recovery mode can be accessed by pressing down the R button while turning on your psp."

so turn off your psp by pressing the power for 3 sec. then press down the R button. Then while keeping the R button pressed down, turn on the psp.

This will boot the PSP in recovery mode.

Now in recovery mode you will find a option to give you access via USP to flash 0 (flash memory bank 0, where you firmware is stored).

I just want to stress here that messing around with your flash memory settings is pretty much the fastest way to turn your PSP in to a overpriced paperweight if your not sure what you are doing.

You have to be really careful with it since its what runs you psp. Think if it as brain surgery.

So your doing this at your own risk.

7. assasinex

assasinex Member

i know all that, u said, but im just saying that i dun get te part ware it says " put the flash0 onto flash0:\ " i know, i enabled that usb flash0 thingy, nothing happened

8. assasinex

assasinex Member

okay, i fount out a way and now it works, thanks for helping