1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decided on Flip top.... What can and cant I do with it?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by 99sesport, Nov 17, 2003.

1. 99sesport

99sesport Member

Okay, I am very new to this whole modding thing. Ive decided after opening up my PS2 that I am not about to go after that thing with a soldering iron, so that limits my options. After some reading, I have pretty much narrowed it down to using the flip top mod. I am still open to using a good no solder chip, but I havent seen any good no solder chips that dont need a GameShark. But now I am also reading that some games wont work using the flip top, specifically DVD9. So my questions are this: First, what is DVD9 and is it really a big deal that I can do that? I am looking at playing few backups of games right now like Streets of LA, GTA Vice city, Kill Switch, etc. Will a Flip top be able to play these games? If not, will a no solder chip be better than the flip top? Or will my best bet be to get a combination of a flip top and a no solder chip, and the swap magic CD's? Well, you all can see what I am looking to do, so whats everyones opinion/answers to my questions? Thanks alot for taking the time to help a real newbie! -Nick

2. jay33

jay33 Regular member

I've backed up 136 ps2 games and only 2 wouldn't work. Both NHL 2004 and Freekstyle Metal X are too large for Swap Magic 2.0 to boot. Hopefully Swap Magic 3 will solve this problem. I think the flip-top is a great product.

3. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member