1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decryper software question

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sbely, Feb 4, 2005.

1. sbely

sbely Guest

I am new to this , so please help.
    I have followed the instructions closely at afterdawn on how to copy dvd using decrypter. it say first select iso read, run, then select iso write, but its says in the instructions to select .mov file from where the program wrote to. It does not exist. There is a file ending in mds, the other is an iso file. Should I select the .mds file as the source when i am going to burn to DVD?

Is it easier to just select file under mode and copy all files to HD, then use DVD copy program with compression capability to burn to DVD

2. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Hi sbely
    The file you want is the mds file,dont worry,if you choose the wrong one,dvd decrypter will scold you and choose the correct one.This method however, only works if the dvd will fit without compression.i.e. dvd5

Yes, you can rip in the file mode,and use a compression tool, but you need one that not only compresses, but burns too.Most [bold]free[/bold] software wont do both.
    good luck
    jim

Last edited: Feb 4, 2005
  3. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

go iso read in dvd decrpyter then use dvd shrink to compress / re-author, then set dvd shrink to burn with dvd decrypter...

both apps free!

4. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Like I said most free compression software wont do both.dvd decrypter and dvd shrink is a nice free combo.

If your going to use dvd shrink, with dvd decrypter, in iso mode,then make sure you open your iso in shrink,like this:
    dvd shrink/file(not,open files)/open disc image.Then follow rotary's instructions.