1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decrypt/Shrink + Nero - Help

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Trom, Apr 21, 2005.

1. Trom

Trom Regular member

Following the Guide available here "How to copy multiple DVD movies to 1 DVDR with DVD Shrink" I attempted to do just that. I had 2 DVD's, cartoon type kids movies with no copyright or RCE protection and both were region free(or region 1,2,3,4,5,6). I followed the guide and ripped both to disk using DVDDecrypter. This left me with 2 different folders, one for each DVD. I then opened DVDShrink, selected RE-Author as per guide and selected the 2 titles(one from each DVD). One Title was 2.9 GB's the other 2.7 GB's. I selected Compression in shrink and left it at Auto, it reduced the files to 2.2GB's and 2GB's respectively. Shrink did its thing and then I opened up Nero to burn the result fron Shrink. I selected DVD-Video/New and attempted to add the files to the new Video_TS folder. Here is where the problem occurred, I got an error message "the VTS_01_1.Vob file is larger than 2GB and therefore cannot be stored in an ISO file system, ect". I went back over the guide and indeed completed the process again but I cannot see where I am going wrong. I did think of using a Custom Compression Ratio in Shrink until both files were less than 2GB but I do not want to do this unless absolutely neccessary. Can someone shed any light on where I am going wrong.

2. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Try just using dvd shrink and nero if the discs you are trying to backup have no protections. Enable shrink to burn with nero so dvd shrink can use the nero burning rom whithout having to open it seperately.

In shrink go to edit and click on preferences. Then click on the File I/O tab and check the box next to "Enable burning with Nero". Now when you click on Backup!, under Select backup target: chose your burner under where it says Burn with Nero. Now when it is done encoding it will automatically burn without having to open Nero seperately. Hope this helps.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2005
  3. slmshady

slmshady Member

I also have a problem with this method.
    I have done everything correct as per the guide, although the 2 movies I am trying to put onto a DVD+R, are 30 MB too big to fit.
    I have taken out all additional things (e.g. languages and subtitles), but it still will not fit.
    Was curious if I can shrink the movies any further without losing picture & sound quality.
    I was thinking about using the method stated, that allows DVDSHRINK to open NERO by itself.
    PLEASE HELP!!

4. squizzle

squizzle Active member

@slmshady: You could run the files through Shrink again. Since you will only be compressing 30MB or so, you're not going to notice that compression.

5. Nightlite

Nightlite Guest

You can enable dvd shrink to open and burn with decrytor also... either way.... It does it automatically if setup within Dvdshrink. to Use dycrytor for burning...When you click on backup a screen comes up : iso image and burn with dvd decrytor... it backs up to an iso..and is saved on your hard drive... and automatically open decryptor and burns it. At the end.... only decryptor is open not dvdshrink

6. slmshady

slmshady Member

Im trying to burn "EMPIRE STRIKES BACK" & "RETURN OF THE JEDI" to one DVDR.
    After taking out all useless audio and subpictures, I'm left with 5,951 MB.
    I need to get this size down. I should have posted this info before.
    Thanks for replying, but could you please help me with this problem.
    Thankyou.

7. squizzle

squizzle Active member

If you really wanted to you could use DVD Shrink as many times as it takes to get it down to 4.3 GB, but I wouldn't suggest putting more than one movie onto a DVDR unless you're using a DL.

8. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

I agree with squizzle, I don't recommend putting two full feature length movies on one dvd5. I don't think you will be very happy with the quality.

Trom,
    You may have to run yours through shrink twice. Run it through the first time useing advanced analysis and quality enhancements letting it compress as much as it will and save it to a folder on your hdd, then run it through again useing the open file feature without advanced analysis or quality enhancements and choose your dvdrw as the target and burn with either nero or dvd decrypter.

Mort