1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decrypter and Shrink issues

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by zoobinnie, Apr 5, 2005.

1. zoobinnie

zoobinnie Member

Hey there :

I tried backing up Spanglish today using Shrink,and during the analyzing part of the process, it keeps stopping at 37%, so I ripped it to my hard drive using Decrypter and then ran it through Shrink to Re-Author it......so far so good, then I used Nero to burn (which is what I usually do) and when I put it into my home DVD Player it wouldn't start up when I pressed play, all it would do is make a buzzing sound. Has anyone ever had this problem before? It has got me very confused, I have backed up over 100 DVDs, using shrink and nero, media type verbatim 4x never had a problem before.

Lynn

2. wild77

wild77 Guest

What version of Decrypter are you using and in what mode are you ripping?

Have you tried viewing the movie from your hard drive with Power DVD or Nero Showtime?

3. pww111

pww111 Member

I have the same problem. Except I never got it to my hard drive. Using Decryptor, I kept getting read errors.

I played around with it and skipped the error files. I tried to Re-Author it using Shrink and it appeared that the titles or scenes were not in order.

4. wild77

wild77 Guest

Sounds like a bad disc if you are getting read errors.

Do a search there are a number of threads on this movie Decrypter V. 3.5.4.0 will do this movie.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2005
  5. zoobinnie

zoobinnie Member

Good morning :

I am using Decrypter version 3.5.4.0 and I am ripping in "MODE...FILE". I tried to use my nero showtime to watch the file from my hard drive and I get a message saying that I need to add the feature "DVD-Video Plug-in" because it is required.

6. wild77

wild77 Guest

What version of Nero are you using?It sounds like you have an OEM version.You may need to purchase the upgrade to the Ultra Version.

Does your version include Recode2?

Seeing you have DVD Shrink you can open the file and preview the movie in Shrink.

What speed are you burning at?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2005
  7. waldrop

waldrop Member

Hi guys,
    I just burned Spanglish and I didn't encounter any problems. I first Decrypted it with DVD Decrypter to my hard drive and then ran it through Shrink's Encoding then burned it with Nero and it plays fine