1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

decrypter and shrink not working properly

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by sbmd, May 26, 2004.

1. sbmd

sbmd Member

thanks alot you guys, i really love useing shrink and decrypter. been using them for months now, then just the other day decrypter out of nowhere stoped finding my drives? been playing around and got it to find my rom drive but still no burner? shrink also stopped burning. i use to decrypter then shrink would encode then burn? i haven't done anything different? i not shure what to do?

2. Denzien

Denzien Regular member

Do your drives appear in My Computer? If not, then it's your PC (probably registry error) not those two programs.

Try a system restore to the last time your PC was workign ok. Also - did you install or uninstall anything right before the drives diappeared?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]DeeVeeDee[/small]

Last edited: May 26, 2004
  3. brian100

brian100 Guest

You could go into device manager and remove the drives (if present)...then reboot and see if windows resets em.
    May be a simple first option to try

4. sbmd

sbmd Member

thanks alot. my plextor writer was not listed in the device manager. so i rebooted and it was then. how could this of happened?

5. brian100

brian100 Guest

Its a miracle that computers work at all..considering the lash up inside the box.

It may be worth looking at your ASPI drivers..to see if they are upto date..

6. Discmania

Discmania Active member

You should not use Decrypter with DVD Shrink and it is best to avoid burning with Decrypter. Shrink uses it's own version of Decrypter to rip the disc and so using Decrypter also can cause conflict. Why do you need to use Decrypter when DVD Shrink does all you want in one go? It's pointless in any case.

7. sbmd

sbmd Member

alright thanks.