1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decrypter Does Not Accept Shrink Files

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by kenw, Sep 29, 2004.

1. kenw

kenw Guest

I am trying to burn my first movie DVD using Decrypter 3.5.1.0 and Shrink 3.2.0.15. I first Decrypted the original onto the hard disk as an ISO file. However, Shrink was unable to read it as it could not find the Video-TS file.

Next, I tried to Shrink the original, which worked OK. However, when I tried to use Decrypter to burn it, it would not accept the file type. Some of the guides I read said that you could specify an ISO output file from Shrink, but in my 3.2 version there is not such an option.

I have Nero 5.5, but it does not burn DVDs (only CDs) and I do not feel like spending more money on Nero 6, especially if Decrypter & Shrink can do the job. My big question is HOW do I get the two to accept each other's files! HELP please!! Thanks.

2. zippyd

zippyd Active member

Ok when you click back up in shrink a new window pops up.... the top tab should say "target device" Beside the little flaming disc it should say "select backup target".....click the little arrow and you should get some choices.... the one you want is "ISO image file and burn with dvd decrypter" . your proggys should play happily ever after now. good luck.

3. kenw

kenw Guest

Thanks zippyd! The copied disk works perfectly on my PC. I haven't tried it on my DVD yet (too busy watching the Kerry/Bush debate), but will do so soon. I don't expect any problems.

Once again, thanks for your help.

4. zippyd

zippyd Active member

Glad it worked for you. Make sure your standalone is compatible with your media format ( +/- ). Older ones tend to be one or the other but most newer ones can handle both.

5. kenw

kenw Guest

I have just tried it out. I have two DVD units. It works perfectly on one (Electrohome). On the other unit (Koss) it stalls when a chapter changes. Sometimes I am able to fast forward past the start of the chapter, but more often I am unable to do so, making the disc basically unusable on the Koss.

I just noticed, however, that my media (TDK DVD-R) is rated at "2x compatible", but my LG Drive has a max. speed of 4x, and I think Decrypter used the max. speed. Do you think this caused the problem with the Koss DVD player?

Also, could this be solved by copying the disk uncompressed, using something like IFO-Edit to record the DVD-9 on two disks?

6. zippyd

zippyd Active member

Unless you've hacked your firmware, your drive will recognize the speed rating of the disc and won't burn any faster.
    From what I've read, TDK are supposed to be good media. Your Koss may not like them or the -R format.