1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decrypter Error Msg - Medium Not Present

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by liliand, Apr 8, 2005.

1. liliand

liliand Guest

Hi, I did a search first but couldnt see anything that I thought could help me out. I decrypted/shrink a dvd but when I burned it on to a Piodata disc it failed (now resigned myself to the fact my write really does NOT like these discs!) so I deleted it from my hard drive as I had trouble trying to burn again. Now I want to start from scratch and burn on to a new disc but I'm getting the above msg with decrypter which I've not had b4.

Would be grateful for any help.

Lilian

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

What is the make and bran of your DVD writer?
    What brand of media are you using now?

The problem isn't Decrypter, but more than likely your drive not liking what ever media it is that you are using. You could try updating the firmware to your drive to see if this solves your problem. If not you may need to invest in some better media.

3. liliand

liliand Guest

Hi, my writer is by Artec. I can't understand the prob I have with these dics, they were sold to me as top quality and I got some for a guy a work who said they are the best he's used so far.

I have been burning sucessfully until I installed a scanner about a month ago. I deleted and removed InCd from my pc and registry and have been sucessfully burning again until tonights problem. I've always been ok with Verbatim RW discs so I wanted to burn with that but havent got that far because Decrypter will not now recognise the actual dvd I want to write....but it did earlier! argghhh I will check and see if there are any drive updates though, thank you.

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Oh so it is the original disk Decrypter is not recognizing.. Do you have the latest version of Decrypter installed? Will the disk play on your computer through your DVD playing sofware?

5. squizzle

squizzle Active member

did you install any software or hardware right before this problem started? Stupid question, but did you have the correct drive selected?