1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decrypter I/O error

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by lcheng000, Nov 23, 2004.

1. lcheng000

lcheng000 Guest

Hello, first posting on afterdawn. Need some serious help. I have been using DVD shrink to save movies in an iso file and I have been using DVD decrypter to burn movies onto a blank dvd. The media I have been using is TDK. Everything has been working find until last week. Now, only Shrink works but Decrypter doesn't. I have lost about many blank dvds. I get this error message everytime.

I/O Error
    Device [1:1:0] Sony DVD RW DRU-530A 2.1a(E:)(ATA)
    ScsiStatus: 0x02
    Interpretation: Check Condition
    CDB: 2A 00 00 04 00 20 00 00 20 00
    Interpretation: Write(10) - Sector:265504-265535
    Sense Area: 70 00 04 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 09 01 00 00 00 00
    Interpretation: Tracking Servo Failure

I have no idea what to do. Any help in getting this problem rectified would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. bengalboy

bengalboy Member

Hey there, have had the exact same thing happen to me about a week ago, Elf worked fine with shrink and burning with decrypter, all of a sudden I'm getting an I/O error saying something about sectors 32-63. If you hear anything let me know and I'll do the same for you, nice to know that I'm not the only one this is happening to, I tried to email the forum email on decrypter's help menu and they said there's nothing I can do other than doing a system restore back from when it was working. For me ISO read is fine, it's just ISO write mode that gives me this error.

3. bengalboy

bengalboy Member

hey again, icheng, what I did to fix it was that the newest version of Decrypter(3.5.1) is giving several people I/O errors, like myself, so I went on Limewire or try to use any other file sharing program, and I found an older version of Decrypter on there and installed it and had no problems burning. You may want to play it safe and buy a 3 pack of DVD RW discs just to make sure it will do a full 100% burn. Hope this helps, spread the word to the others on this site that are having problems if you can.

4. fo20

fo20 Member

ive got the I/O error before using shrink when im encoding the dvd to a iso. its usually though becuase the dvd is scratchd and it cant be read. since i get all my dvd's from a vid store, i just have to find another one that is in better condition.

5. Spawnyz

Spawnyz Member

I guess everyone is having this problem.. cause here i am looking for answers as well.. im getting the same error and i have no idea how to fix it.. i recently got the new firmware update from sony 2.1c but that hasnt changed anything.. im still getting I/O servo error and im using ritek dvdrs. Hopefully someone figures out how to fix this problem.