1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decrypter I/O errors at 96%

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by porkrind, Oct 15, 2004.

1. porkrind

porkrind Member

I have followed all of the guides on this site but I keep running into the same problem. When using Decryptor it works fine until it gets to 96% and then I get an I/O error. I have tried using DVD Xcopy Xpress and Shrink all with the same basic results. What am I doing wrong?

I am running Windows XP HE, and using a NEC DVD Rw. It has always worked fine up until now. I have a buddy who is running the same programs and he doesn't have these issues. Any suggestions?

2. bigwop

bigwop Regular member

If you have the latest version of decrypter 3.5 and you have roxio installed, uninstall Roxio completely. When I went to version 3.5 I got I/O errors and partially burned disks. I uninstalled the whole roxio program and everything is working fine.

3. porkrind

porkrind Member

I am not running any Roxio programs. Again, I have a NEC dvd rw nd2500a 1.06 burner. No matter what I do I keep getting I/O errors after about 96% of the process. This is very frustrating. Up until this point I have been very impressed with this burner. It has to be a glitch in the OS or software somewhere. I'm wondering if doing a complete clean format would solve the problem before I get desparte and start looking for another burner. That would really hack me off to go out and spend more money for a new burner and have the same problem. Any other suggestions? You guys are my last hope.

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Is this problem with one specific disc or all that you try?

5. Biosgain

Biosgain Guest

What speed are you burning at?
    I was just wondering if you have `auto insert notification` enable on the burner. It would try to read the disc as your at the finalising stage of burning - but that would be after 96% I would have thought, unless your burning at 8x maybe.

6. porkrind

porkrind Member

Okay, this is going to show you how simple minded I am but how do I check what you just said? I really appreciate getting some insight into this problem because it is driving me mad.