1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DeCrypter ISO vs File Mode, Which is better and why

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ScubaBud, Feb 7, 2005.

1. gerard514

gerard514 Regular member

I have always open dvd with dvd shrink then rip them and then straight to the dvd -r using decryptor. Is this method good or should i rip w decp. then shrink with shrink then within shrinks options burn with decp.

Thanks for the help.

2. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

gerard514
    If dvd shrink will do the job, then your saving yourself an extra step.Some of the new encryptions that have come out recently, wont always allow you to use dvd shrink first,thats why we have to use dvd decrypter first.

blaze on
    jD

3. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

Yes it is since you are using DVD Decrypter as a burning software. It's no different then using DVD Shrink and then Nero6 to burn. The only time that you might vary is when DVD Shrink cannot crack the DVD and you need DVD Decrypter to do that first, then Shrink to do it.s thing, then back again to DVD Decrypter to burn.

4. gerard514

gerard514 Regular member

Thanks for the help, if im using the latest verizon of anydvd however, wont there be less of any kinds of chances where i wont be able to crack a dvd with shrink.

5. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

I believe so but here is the nicest part. DVD Decrypter is free, VobBlanker is free, DVD Shrink is free. And using AnyDVD is very good. But if ever you need something other then AnyDVD or if it causes a conflict at some point in time, you always have the freeware to fall back on.

6. gerard514

gerard514 Regular member

Would anyone recommend vobblanker over dvd shrink, or dvd decryptor? I havent seen this program ..but i am going to look more into it if anyone likes this program better..of course based on facts..also does this program produce any better quality than the others?

Thanks again.

7. spacedust

spacedust Regular member

Which one is better and why? The answere neither is better than the other it's just two diffrent ways to rip. File you can see the dvd files. ISO Is an image file all the dvd files are there just in one .iso file. Some people like to rip there movie and play off hard drive you use file mode and choose what files you want. I can't see writting .ISO files with dvd decrypter unless your burning DL media(D9) at this point then you don't need shrink. But even with the rebates on DL Verbatium media there still to high for me. Second say your ripping D5 that's already been decrypted Then rip straight to .iso file. Im ripping in file mode and then using shrink to compress and make .iso. With that said once you get iso file on hard drive you can use any dvd burning software to burn .ISO file DVD decrypter, Nero ect,ect,ect. Everyone is using diffrent hardware in there pc. So even if your using the exact same software and method as someone else does not mean your going to have the same results. Speed may vary depending on hardware. Im wondering if most peoples problems is simply they don't have enough pc power to get the job done. I upgraded my pc for gaming and video projects. My old 800mhz processor 320meg memory, was just not enough to get the job done over 1 hour to do one dvd. The bottle neck is ripping, I went to SATA WD rapture drives(10,000RPM) All I can say is WOW and Im not even running RAID. Im sure it was not just the hard drives either running 3.0gig clocked 3.3gig and 1gig memory.
    It's just idling at 3.3, it will run stable at 3.6gig. Northwood P4 3.0C.

Good Luck

Spacedust