1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decrypter - New ZoneAlarm Issue - Fix?!

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by jlrm365, Oct 29, 2007.

1. jlrm365

jlrm365 Regular member

A few days ago, I could use DVD Decrypter, without any problem.

I have been using it for years and have no desire or need to switch - despite the other pieces of software that I could try.

Yesterday, I start it up and get a ZoneAlarm virus warning. Ok. I do a virus sweep, with multiple pieces of software, and find nothing. I download from several locations and always find the same error.

I can only assume that Decrypter has been, deliberately or otherwise, given the definition of some sort of virus. I am quite careful and am almost certain that no malware is on my system.

Does anyone with ZoneAlarm know, because it also does not give me the option (as it sometimes does, with those warnings) to "ignore always" - which would thus mean it ignored any warnings, of any work-around solution?

Can you tell ZoneAlarm to ignore the .exe, before you have loaded / started it? That would work, if there was a way to do it.

If you can help with Decrypter / ZoneAlarm, with regards this issue, great. I am not interested in other pieces of software. Chances are that I have already got and / or tried them.

Thanks!

2. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Regular member

you might try a clean reinstall of dvd decrypter

also make sure "Check for Updates" is turned off inside dvd decrypter so its not talking to the internet

3. jlrm365

jlrm365 Regular member

I had tried several copies, from several sources.

That was not the problem.

I rarely allow software to connect to the internet, at the best of times, either.

What I did was to use an uninstaller, to uninstall / clean out the old installation, ccleaner to remove all remnants of it and then deleted the definition from within ZoneAlarm.

Have you checked your link to decrypter? Afterdawn is a reputable site and complies with all known laws, so removed its decrypter download links a while back.

I doubt I would be able to post a link, live of otherwise, but you can google decrypter and fileforum.

Having done all of the above and downloaded a fresh copy from there, which is my usual source, it now works as it used to.

4. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Regular member

Last edited: Oct 31, 2007
  5. jlrm365

jlrm365 Regular member

I understood that a re-install solves most problems.

In the first post, I mentioned that I had tried it several times.

Afterdawn is a reputable site and complies with all known laws, so removed its decrypter download links a while back.

I doubt I would be able to post a link, live of otherwise, but you can google decrypter and fileforum.

Having done all of the above and downloaded a fresh copy from there, which is my usual source, it now works as it used to.

I haven't found guides necessary in a long time, though you may have intended the link for someone else.

The thread's issue was just that it appeard as though ZoneAlarm had redefined Decrypter and / or its behaviour.