1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decrypter or Nero

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by luvics, Aug 9, 2004.

1. luvics

luvics Member

Which one is best to burn with?

2. slb

slb Member

It's my understanding that shrink has a "ripper"(or decryptor) and Nero is used to burn. I hope this helps and is correct/slb

Last edited: Aug 9, 2004
  3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Hi,

In my opinion Nero is the top choice for burning. DVD Decrypter has the capacity but Nero's burning engine is more highly "tuned" for stability and performance :)

4. bigorange

bigorange Active member

I also prefer Nero to burn and being able to enable Nero under edit/preferences you just choose your burner under back up target and away you go.

5. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

I like burning with both.

6. smyle1977

smyle1977 Member

ok, now I"m kinda lost. At firt I thought that decrypter and nero went hand in hand. So if I buy a movie, back it up with dvd shrink, and set it to burn with nero (I have version 5.2) I won't need decrypter?

7. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Exactly. But I like to use decrypter to rip to my HD for other programs, like rebuilder/CCE, IC 8, DVDCopy 2, DVDRemake, etc. etc. etc. It's a very good app to have whether you use it with shrink or not.

BTW, you can download nero ultra 6 for free at nero's homepage. I suggest you do so and try it out. You must keep reloading it every month til you buy. Eagletronics has it for 49.00(normally 79-99.00)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]..Dell Media4600, XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,512MB,280HDw/8MB,17" flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated 5.1 audio, HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn SOHW 832S dual layer[/small]

Last edited: Aug 10, 2004
  8. jccrowboy

jccrowboy Guest

Have tried DVDXcopy & Nero (demo) but to me using the Shrink/Decryter combination is just as easy to use as those above if not easier & the big plus is Shrink & Decrypter are free.

It only takes me around 60 min to burn a complete copy using Shrink/Decrypter & the quality of the finished product is excellent.

9. smyle1977

smyle1977 Member

ok, just tried out shrink using nero for the first time, we'll see how it goes. I heard that nero was more stable thank decrypter, so here's crossing my fingers

10. bigorange

bigorange Active member

smyle, good luck, let us know how it goes.

jccrowboy, as i said decrypter is an excellent app, use it all the time. But(you knew there'd be a but, didn't ya-lol), comparing decrypter to nero is apples to oranges. Nero is a complete video and audio package-file conversion,menu construction, analyzing tools-tool kit, PC backup, Recode(works like shrink), DVD cover design,CD needs,and it's own burning engine to name a few. In fact, with a ripper tool like decrypter or AnyDVD, Nero would work for just about any chore you have dealing with video and audio.

Add to the mix you can get it for 49.00(eagletronics)-I don't think there's a better deal out there. In fact, you can download ultra 6 for free every month(for the full month) and use the trial version indefinitely. Food for thought....

11. Ronrice

Ronrice Member

I think nero, decrypter, shrink are all great programs

12. 2005

2005 Regular member

UM in your sig dont you mean 2.66 ghz there ronrice... 2.66mhz wouldnt be enough for even word pad to operate =)

13. Ronrice

Ronrice Member

my bad...lol