1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decrypter problem HELP!

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by BurnKid, Feb 2, 2006.

1. BurnKid

BurnKid Member

Whats happening everyone. Ive been usuing decrypter without a problem for a while and just recently and only on this one particular movie does the following text come up:

Decrypt Error - interface thread runtime exception
    Message = EAccess violation

Can anyone help me with this, what do i need to do to either get rid of this and burn the dvd. If additional software is needed please let me know.

Thank you
    BurnKid

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Does this occur during the rip or during the burn?

3. BurnKid

BurnKid Member

It happens during the rip. As soon as i put the dvd in i click on decrypter to start the process and within a few seconds that message comes up and i cant proceed any further.
    Any suggestions?

BurnKid

4. colw

colw Active member

Some newer movies have additional protections that Decrypter may not be able to handle - what movie are you trying to burn?

5. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

Maybe it's a bad pressed original. What movie is it? And what Mode (Mode, ISO or Mode, File F) did you ripped the movie with? However, keep in mind that DVD Decrypter now can not rip 100% because it's development has been stopped due to some law enforcement. So your best bet is to rip the movie with DVDFAB Decrypter (one of the best FREE ripper at the moment), go here http://www.dvdidle.com/free.htm

What movie is it? You can try this method of mine, it has never failed me, so far it has been a 100% success for me, regardless if it's RipGuard or ARccOS.

<> rip the movie with DVDFAB Decrypter 2.9.6.8 or 2.9.7.0 the latest to hard drive
    <> VobBLanker 2.1.0.0 to PROCESS and filter out any left over junks or craps that DVDFAB Decrypter may have missed
    <> transcode with DVD Shrink or Nero Recode 2 or encode with DVD Rebuilder + CCE
    <> burn your final VIDEO_TS or ISO image with any of your burning engines

Enjoy it!!

Last edited: Feb 3, 2006
  6. BurnKid

BurnKid Member

The movie im trying is The Brothers Grimm, and im also having a different problem with shaun of the dead but thats a problem with shrink ( half way through the encoding process it just stops.
    Anyway if i dont get the fabdecrypter, could i use ANYDVD from sly as well ?

burnkid

7. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Brothers Grimm has ARccOS on it, yes you can use AnyDVD running in the background with Decrypter.

8. LOCOENG

As arniebear stated AnyDVD can be used in conjunction with DVD Shrink or DVD Decrypter.

To use with DVD Shrink, insert the DVD into your drive wait on the fox head to turn grey and back to red, then open DVD Shrink and proceed with no errors.

To rip to HDD with DVD Decrypter while AnyDVD strips the copy protection, set up DVD Decrypter as follows...Tools, Settings, I/O tab...tick Elby CDIO->Elaborate Bytes. In the general tab untick the option to check for structure protection. These settings will allow AnyDVD to strip the protection for DVD Decrypter.

9. BurnKid

BurnKid Member

OK well i got DecrypterFab and i decrypted the movie and then i used shrink and now im having a problem burning it. I normally use decrypter then shrink and then burn with decrypter (with nero6 assisstance. However when i got to burn with decrypter as i normally do it says its having a problem with the volume, something involving sound.
    If anyone out there uses Nero6, and can offer detailed instructions how to burn with it please let me know. Otherwise im going to try ANYDVD.

PS- THanks to everyone for all the assistance

BurnKid

10. LOCOENG

Run the folder that DVDFab created through VobBlanker first and then use DVD Shrink.

VobBlanker can be found here: http://jsoto.posunplugged.com/vobblanker.htm

The Volume error you recieved has nothing to do with the sound. Post the entire error word for word.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2006
  11. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

As stated before Anydvd (running in the background), will allow
    you to use dvd decrypter and dvd shrink combo on the newest
    sony dvd's.

True Fab may work as well but
    It also Rips in the file mode which can cause problems, like bad structure errors, if it’s not kept updated….
    DVDDecrypter can Rip in the ISO Mode, that is bit by bit, and not have any problems with missing sectors, etc. because it don’t look at them as files and the file handling routines in windows corrects it once it has been ripped to the HD...

The ISO Read Mode in Decrypter has been overlooked for a long time because all the Guides were telling you to rip in the File F Mode...

Once ripped with dvd decrypter (and anydvd running),
    You should have no problems using DVD shrink or
    nero recode at that point.

Good luck.

12. callinas

callinas Member

I have problems with HITCH and Suspect Zero, whwn extracting with dvd decrypter retivers read errors.... with dvd shrink 3.2 occurs the same. i'm going try any dvd and dvdfab, expect it works....

13. dg0896

dg0896 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2006
  14. dg0896

dg0896 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2006