1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decrypter Shrink Nero question

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by kcole, Jun 15, 2004.

1. kcole

kcole Member

Okay, I've been lurking around for a while trying to figure out DVD burning from the guides and posts, but alas I need more help.

First, bear in mind I have been doing this for 2 days officially, so please start at the beginner level!

I have successfully burned 4 DVDs using Shrink and Nero. I have also failed to burn about 5 DVDs with this method. Sometimes I get a message during the encoding process that the DVD is encrypted.

I've read that sometimes Shrink doesn't work and I need to try Decrypter - is this one of those cases?

ALso, sometimes I get through the encoding process and i get an error message part way through the burn process. I've redownloaded nero 63115 and shrink 317. this doesn't seem to fix the prob. Any suggestions?

2. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

my suggestion? download a little freeware tool called DVD43, this decrypts most things after install it always works in background - if it wont/cant help you post here

Dean

3. bigorange

bigorange Active member

After downloading DVD43, you can go directly into Nero recode 2 which will take the place of shrink. You can redesign the video eliminating what you don't want and all the while retaining menu function(shrink can't do this). You can then burn while in recode, no need to go to another program, plus I think recode is easier and does a better job with video quality. Be sure to use rw's til you get the hang of it. Happy blazing.....
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]........Dell Media4600, XP home,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz, 512MB, 280 HD w/8MB, 17" flat panel, AIO-A920, 8x DVD-ROM, integrated 5.1 audio, HP dc4000, Plextor PX-708UF[/small]

Last edited: Jun 16, 2004
  4. kcole

kcole Member

Thanks I'll try those and post the results. Hey bigorange, I live in Knoxville and go to lots of vols games!

5. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Cooooooooool! I live in Johnson City, haven't missed over 6 home games in the last 25 years, including a 5 year stint in Colorado where I lived and taught snow skiing (flew back for every home game). Calhoun's on the river after every game, of course, must be included. Lookin' forward to this fall, maybe I'll see ya. If you have any questions on Nero, just shout. I've yet to have a coaster using dvd43or anydvd and recode(knock on wood). Also, what media are you burning to?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]........Dell Media4600, XP home,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz, 512MB, 280 HD w/8MB, 17" flat panel, AIO-A920, 8x DVD-ROM, integrated 5.1 audio, HP dc4000, Plextor PX-708UF[/small]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2004
  6. kcole

kcole Member

I'm burning to Sony DVD+R. I plan to try a couple of your suggestions this afternoon and I'll let you know if I need more help. Thanks again.

7. bigorange

bigorange Active member

You ought to try ritekG04. You can get them at Meritline for .69ea/free shipping. The preferred choice in this forum is that or verbatim. you wouldn't believe the problems you can get with media, since I switched, none for me unless it was a programming error.

8. kcole

kcole Member

Okay, I downloaded and installed DVD43. I opened NERO Burning ROM and followed the instructions in the 'Burning Pre-authored DVD-Video using Nero' guide on this site. However, my bar at the bottom is well into the red area. Can I delete files from the video TS folder? How do I know what to delete if this is not like Shrink where I can see what each is?

Also, when I am ready to write, i don't have to do anything with DVD43, it should just do it's thing automatically?

Thanks again.

9. bigorange

bigorange Active member

You went into Burning rom, you need to go into recode 2, there you will be able to preview all files and eliminate what you don't want. You can even keep them all and just raise compression on extras thereby lowering compression on the main movie. Lots o' ways to go.

10. bigorange

bigorange Active member

There is nothing to do with dvd43, just let it do it's thing. Are you burning on the fly or to files? Do you have a burner and a dvd-rom drive? Make sure in recode when you get ready to burn that you checkburn at once AND
    _ advanced analysis

11. kcole

kcole Member

Uh-oh. I don't have anything in my Nero that says Recode 2. where do I get that? I don't know what you mean fly or files - sorry. can you ask me another way? I have an HP dvdwriter/cdwriter combo. I can also play DVDs, does that mean i have a DVDrom?

12. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Uh-oh, what nero do you have? I thought you had Nero Ultra 6. Both Nerovision express and nero recode are in ultra 6. You're first thread says you have nero 6. Is that right?
    Also, When you say you can play dvd's, you're talking besides the HP writer, right?

13. kcole

kcole Member

Nero 6 Demo. how can i get ultra 6?

14. bigorange

bigorange Active member

You either have to buy ultra or go back to using shrink and nero, use decrypter if shrink won't bust it. Both are excellent freewares. Personally I think ultra is one of the best all around programs out there. You have burning, file conversion, compression, dvd authoring, dvd cover designers, audio capabilities, PC backups, and on and on. You can get it at eagletronics for 49.00. pretty good price for all that you get. Another favorite program of mine with excellent quality is Pinnacle InstantCopy 8, it's a little slower than recode but the quality is superb. It doesn't have all the other stuff nero has but it only costs 25.00. I use both depending on the situation. So, it looks like you got a decision to make. Stay free or spend a little bucks. Ps-ultra normally sells for 79.00-99.00, I paid 59.00

15. kcole

kcole Member

thanks - i'll consider.

16. kcole

kcole Member

Okay, I am trying to burn using Shrink and Decrypter and I get an error message:

0x000000000 reference memory 0x00000000. Memory cannot be "read"

Does anyone know what this means?

ALso, when I read the decrypter log this is reported:
    W 18:55:45 Drive D:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB

I don't understand this because my writer is drive E:

Thanks for any help you can give.

17. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Try to burn with shrink and nero. If you are using FAT32 you cannot handle files over 4G. You must convert over to NTFS to handle larger files. One way around this is to burn on the fly. This means you burn directly from the dvd to your media without putting your files to your HD first. That is what dvd43 is good for , it enables you to rip the files without putting them to a folder like ,say decrypter. To handle larger files you will have to do it this way or convert to NTFS. It is not hard to do. Oh yeah it doesn't matter whether you're reading from what drive d,e,f,etc. it's talking about space on your harddrive. Decrypter was reading from your drive you had the movie in, drive D.
    _

18. kcole

kcole Member

Sorry to be a pain - is there a guide somewhere on how to convert to NTFS?

19. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Hello everybody :)

kcole,

What O/S are you running? To convert your drive from FAT32 to NTFS, you need an O/S that supports NTFS. Operating Systems that support NTFS: Windows 2000, NT, and XP.

20. bigorange

bigorange Active member

for a quick reply go to hte forum or your computer and type in search FAT32 to NTFS. I will in the meantime type up a quickie guide. good thought flip, there i go assuming again.
    _There is also a freeware called partition magic 8. Here are several topics on the matter http://www.afterdawn.com/search/search_results.cfm?hakusanat=fat to ntfs
    _