1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decrypter Shrink Nero question

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by kcole, Jun 15, 2004.

1. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Mrlovkim

Increase the size of your paging file. Right click on my computer, advanced, under performance choose settings, at the top choose advanced again, at the bottom chose change, then check custom size and increase your paging file initaial size by 50% and then double that for the maximum size. The try backing up a movie.

2. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

flip

Now how did I miss that one, Mrlovkim put both of your cd roms on the same cable and not the one your hard disk is on. That may well be your problem especially since you have your Plextor set to master.

3. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

flip

You're right I kept looking at the system specs and forgot to look at the Nero infor tool specs I asked for.

4. Mrlovkim

Mrlovkim Regular member

Ok I will try that tomorrow for I have to copy about 90 cd's and it will take me many hours to do so.

Now again I am confused why nero code 2 works with my rewritables DVD+R and not others,is there a reason for that?

I want to again say thank you to you gentlemen for taking the time in which to help me ,not that I am done but I just wanted to let you guys know I do appreciate all of this help.

5. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Mrlovkim

A hard disk on the same channel as your dvd rom, especially set to master is a formuula for malfunctioning. I believe that has been your problem all along.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2004
  6. Mrlovkim

Mrlovkim Regular member

I just seen the newer replies and I am reading them now and I will get back to you.

7. Mrlovkim

Mrlovkim Regular member

Do I still need to do this-

Increase the size of your paging file. Right click on my computer, advanced, under performance choose settings, at the top choose advanced again, at the bottom chose change, then check custom size and increase your paging file initaial size by 50% and then double that for the maximum size. The try backing up a movie.

Changing with the hard drive ,how do I accomplish this?

8. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Mrlovkim

no for now forget the paging file and take the plextor off the hard disk cable and put it on the one with your sony. As a rule it should be on the end of the cable and the sony on the second one. This shouldn't take you more than 5 minutes to complete.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

9. forkndave

forkndave Member

I don't want to confuse anyone, but I have a DVD burner (Pioneer A07) as primary on my primary IDE channel and a 60 GB Seagate as slave on the same channel and (according to device manager) the burner is operating in Ultra DMA Mode 2 and the HD is operating in Ultra DMA Mode 5. The HD is my D drive. My C drive is SATA. I don't seem to have speed problems with either.
    I would put a picture in here, but I don't know how. Copy and paste doesn't seem to work.

10. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

forkndave

I never said it wouldn't work, only that it will slow your hard disk down. Do a google search and you'll see that I'm right.

11. Mrlovkim

Mrlovkim Regular member

Not sure if I know how to change that and we are talking about the wide thin cables need to be changed?

I am trying to understand this.:(

12. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Mrlovkim

Each cable should have two connectors. The hard disk connector should be plugged into the primary ide channel and the two cd roms should be plugged into the secondary ide channel. If you have one cable with two connections and one with a single connection hook the one with the single connection to the hard disk and the one with two connections to your cd roms. If you just have two cables with a single connector then disconnect the sony and replace it with the Plextor leaving the sony disabled.

You can rip and burn with just the plextor only, the other rom is just icing on the cake but not needed. In fact if you want to test it out just have the hard disk on the primary and just the Plextor on the secondary channel and try to back a movie. Rip the movie to your hard disk first.

13. forkndave

forkndave Member

Sophocles,
    You are right. I just assumed that since Device Manager said that the drive was operating at Ultra DMA Mode 5, that it was. I just benchmarked my hard drives with SiSoft Sandra. My "C" drive scored very good compared to another SATA drive that was similar in size. My "D" drive, which is the one we were discussing did not fare very well. It doesn't really matter very much, since I normally use the "D" drive to back up things that I don't want to lose if the "C" drive crashes. Speed isn't all that important for that. Thuthfully though, the only way I can tell a difference is through a benchmark. Live and learn!

14. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Now if only the guy I've spent all this time helping would reply. You can have multiple hard disks on the same cable and one can still be a slave but you will get a peformance boost.

15. michigan

michigan Guest

What about shutting down the antivirus program? I believe that sometimes that causes a problem.

16. Mrlovkim

Mrlovkim Regular member

Sophocles,

Sorry for the delay on replying,went into town because Holland made it to the semi finals, I will try this on Sunday.:)

17. nicetrade

nicetrade Guest

I must say that, after reading through all the posts, I am extremely impressed with the way members such as bigorange and Sophocles have patiently shared their technical knowledge. I am as equally encouraged by Mrlovkim's persistence in getting his problem resolved, despite some major technical bumps.

As I am at the preschool level when it comes to DVD in general, I have one additional question regarding recording from DVD's to DVD's...is it possible to record only scenes I want to record? More specifically, in the case of my Jet Li DVD, can I choose to record only the actual fighting scenes/frames (and not the entire original DVD) onto a blank DVD? That is, can I record, pause, fastforward (on the original), and record again? Was just wondering if DVD-to-DVD recording works like DVD-to-VCR recording. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2004
  18. bigorange

bigorange Active member

nicetrade, Yes, there are re-authoring programs that will let you do specific chapters. You can also do stills of specific scenes. Thanx for the compliment.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]........Dell Media4600, XP home,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz, 512MB, 280 HD w/8MB, 17" flat panel, AIO-A920, 8x DVD-ROM, integrated 5.1 audio, HP dc4000, Plextor PX-708UF[/small]

19. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

nicetrade

Now all this is going to go to his head, he was difficult before.

20. bigorange

bigorange Active member

eeeaaasssyyy big boy, Some people appreciate quality assistance and know how to recognize it when they see it. Still working on my little problem, don't know if it affected rebuilder or not, but we'll see. Already had 4.6 previously. I think I'm about to isolate the problem. I'll fill ya in when done. BTW, what about that big melon of yours? Can it afford any more inflation? lol