1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decrypter Shrink Nero question

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by kcole, Jun 15, 2004.

1. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Either forceasp will clear the other and they both make backups.

bigorange

Aspi doesn't go from being good to bad for no reason, what's change drecently?

2. Mrlovkim

Mrlovkim Regular member

Ok guys I took a look at these cables and see what you want me to do but let tell you my set up.

I have a DVDROM Drive,Sony CDR Burner and Plextor DVD burner.

I burn alot of cd's and I put the sourse cd in my dvdrom drive and use the two burners to copy.

Now I see these cables, one is hooked up to the dvdrom drive and the other to the Sony burner.

Yes the other cable is hooked to the hard drive and the plextor.

To have the Plextor and Sony on the same cable I would have to disconnect the dvdrom drive.

Can I take the one connection from the hard drive and connect to the dvdrom drive instead of having it coneected to the Plextor?

What should I change?

3. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Your hard disk should be alone with nothing else connected to its cable and your Sony and Plextor should be on the same cable on a seperated IDE channel.

4. Mrlovkim

Mrlovkim Regular member

Ok if I do this it means I have to choose something to be disconected.

I will have two plugs for three drives, I know you said something about letting the Sony disconected but won't that mean I can't use it to burn anymore?

5. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

You have two ide channels, a primary and a secondary and I know they are there because nero info tool identified them. Put your hard disk on the primary using only a single cable. Then using another cable that has two plug on it, connect it to your 2 CD ROMs they can share the same cable. Connect them to your secondary IDE channel and you are done. If the only cable with 2 connection is the one connected to your hard disc then switch them, using the cable with a single plug for your hard disk and the one with 2 plugs to your CD ROMs on the secondary IDE channel.

6. Mrlovkim

Mrlovkim Regular member

Ok let me make sure I am looking at the right cables, we are talking about the cables that are very thin and wide,right, not the plugs that are red and yellow.

Just making sure and I will let this alone and give up and just take to someone.

Thanks for trying to help.

7. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Yes concern yourself with only the wide gray flat cable, they are safe cables you can't accidently plug them into the wrong place. Just make sure you turn the power off, this should only take a few minutes its a simple operation. When you boot backup windows will do the rest.

8. Mrlovkim

Mrlovkim Regular member

Ok I think I am giving this up, I see one white cable and two grey, one grey is connected to the floppy disc drive with no other plugs on it and the other grey is the one that is attached to the hard drive and Plextor, the white cable is connected to the Sony and DVDrom drive and to be honest I just am giving up for now maybe I will take this somewhere and explain the situation and have them do it.

Thanks again in trying very hard to help me.

9. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

It's never easy to be new at something and then try to follow instuctions that fill you with concern and uncertainty. Anything your Sony is hooked to your Plextor can be hooked to,

10. Mrlovkim

Mrlovkim Regular member

True, to my understanding I would have to diconnect the DVDROM drive to connect the Plextor which would let the dvdrom drive not being connected by any cable and the Sony and Plextor would be connected on one cable, so its seems I am missing something when I am looking at this.

Sorry for not getting it.:(

11. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Use the cable that's hooked to your hard disk for your two CD ROMs and the opne connected to the sony for yor hard disk. You will note that it's plugged into your motherboard and can be disconnected just pull it out. You will also note that there is a like slot next to it where you pulled it out of on the motherboard, that's the one your sony is connecte to. They are your primary and secondary ide channels. you hard disk is currently using the primary channel. Use the cable that's connect to your sony, plug it into the slot on your motherboard that is was used to connect your hard disk. Now take the cable that was used for your hard disk and sony and plug it into the other slot that was used originally for your sony. Now conect both the plextor and the sony to that one cable and start you system and it is done. A restart wouldn't hurt before you start using them.

12. Mrlovkim

Mrlovkim Regular member

You do know I have three drives in this computer.CD/DVD ROM drive and the Plextor and Sony burners.

13. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I don't know why you have three drives but you only need a couple. I use only two drives although my board support more. The PLextor is a high speed CD and DVD burner, and it is also a DVD Player. I have a Samsung SM-352 which is a 16X DVD Player and a 52X CDR burner, I use it for ripping and making audio CDs. My Plextor is a 12X DVD burner, a 48X CD burner, and a 16X DVD player/reader. You might want to do away with one of your drives because having a CD Rom connected to the same channel as your hard disk is not a good idea.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2004
  14. Mrlovkim

Mrlovkim Regular member

When copying a cd I put it in my cd/dvd rom drive and use the multiple burners function in Nero to burn two cd's at the same time using the cd/dvd rom drive as the source that the two burners are copying from.

I make these cd sets that have thirty cd's per pack and use the two burners to cut my time,so when I have two cables that have two plugs I get confused in that I am to disconnect the cd/dvd rom drive and I don't want to because I need it, so I need two burners and one seperate drive to do this.,

15. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Then buy a cable and split the signal and run 3 cd roms on a single channel but check to see if your motherboard supports it, most support up to 4 drives. If that is not acceptable then backing up movies may not be in your future.

16. Mrlovkim

Mrlovkim Regular member

Ok that was my confusion and now I get it.:)

I understood all that you put but the third drive was much confusing.

Thank you.

17. brobear

brobear Guest

Wrong entry on my part.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][bold]'brobear'[/bold]

[​IMG][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2004
  18. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

darn, I answered a post that was quite old, in this thread. No option to delete my post. lol

Last edited: Jun 29, 2004