1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decrytper Reading @ 2X and Buring @ 1X Speeds

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by raceman17, Oct 13, 2004.

1. raceman17

raceman17 Member

Hello all,
    I am using Decrypter to back up DVD-5's. In the past I have been reading and writing at whatever speeds I choose. Wether I set it to write at 1X speed for backing up PS2 or setting it at Max to burn backup movies it all worked great.
    Well the other day Decrypter starting reading at 2.0X and writing at 1.0X. I did nothing to the settings. If I set the write speed to Max, it writes at 1X. IT seems that it just ignores whatever I set it to. I changed the media to the Ritek G04 DVD-R's. (i dont think that could be the problem) and I have a Sony DRU-530A which is has a max write rate of 8X + 120 GB HD and a 2.0 GHZ processor. Like I said in the past, I have been reading and writing at an average of 5X which has been fine for me but now something is messed up. Do anyone have any ideas.
    Thanks
    Aaron

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

3. raceman17

raceman17 Member

They are in the DMA mode. I also defraged the hard drive with no success. I also uninstalled Decrypter and installed it back with no success. The devie buffer is only going to about 8% if that makes a difference. Any more suggestion

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

You might try unistalling the drive through Device Manager. Sometimes this clears things up. try this:

Go to Device Manager >

Expand the tree for DVD/CD ROM Drives >

Find the drive in question, right click it and go to Properties >

Under the Driver tab, select Uninstall then OK.

Now reboot and Windows should detect and reinstall the drive.

If this doesn't help try the same steps as above except expand the tree for IDE ATA/ATA Controllers and uninstall either the Primary or Secondary controller depending on which one the drive in question is attatched to. Nero Info Tool can tell you which chain the drive is on under the Configuration tab.

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/cdr_software/cdr_tools/nero_info_tool.cfm

5. raceman17

raceman17 Member

Since I swapped the media to the ritek G04, I went to the website were I purchased the DVD's from and it said the I need an updated Firmware to make my DVD player compatable. So I went to Sony and downloaded the lastest firmware for the player. I installed this firmware and it seems to be working. I used Decrypter to read a previously copied DVD and it read at 4X (faster than the previous 2x). I will try the buring part tomorrow when I get more DVD's to backup. I will keep you posted of how it went.
    Thanks
    Aaron