1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DeCSS protected "game list" ?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by animefx, Sep 30, 2004.

1. animefx

animefx Guest

is there a continually updated list of ps2 games that use DeCSS protection? i know i can use dvd decrypter to get around that, but I don't want to use dvd crypter for a ps2 games that doesn't have DeCSS protection. speaking of which, what would happen if you did that? would the game still work? wouldn't the software modify the image incorrectly thinking there is DeCSS when there really isn't?

anyways, it would be nice to be able to check to see if the game is DeCSS protected or not that way I know if I have to use DVD Decrypter, or can just use Alcohol 120%

thanks

2. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member

I backup all my games with dvd decrypter and have never had any problems even if they arent protected.

3. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

Yeah, 0. No ps2 games use that protection, just movies. dvd decrypter is just a simple, free program that people use. You can use any program that can make a dvd image to copy ps2 games.

4. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

what's with these movie questions in the ps2 section?, doesn't anyone use the search tool at all?!

5. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

Not to be picky but, DeCSS is a tool that was created by DVD John so Lunix Users could copy there DVDs.

The actual encryption is CSS, which, is used by Hollywood to protect there DVDs from piracy.

6. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

yep, being picky isn't allways bad, sometimes it educates!