1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

deep analysis and aec worth it?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by smyle1977, Aug 12, 2004.

1. smyle1977

smyle1977 Member

I read about the quality settings, and I remember reading somewhere in AD that deep analysis is worth it, but what about the adaptive error compensation? I normally only burn the movies themselves for less compression, and if the AEC isn't worth it, I'd like to hear about it.

2. bigorange

bigorange Active member

If you only burn the movie itself, since most movies are 2 hours or less you don't really need to use any of the new quality settings. Your compression is going to be around 100% anyway. The quality settings only come into play when using compression.

3. smyle1977

smyle1977 Member

yea, but most of my movies are retaining 86% or so. And some I do want the features, what about then?

4. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Ahhh, so you do want menu and extras. When I use shrink, if it goes over 5% I use the quality settings, some don't until 10% or more. I don't mind the extra time for quality, I'll spend a lot more time watching it than I will burning it down the road.

5. smyle1977

smyle1977 Member

So the AEC would be worth using, keeping it on smoothness maybe? Or would deep analysis be the only one worthwhile? Thanks for your input.

6. bigorange

bigorange Active member

I think so, but i usually go with the default setting sharpness, too much sharpness might lose smoothness in action scenes and visa versa.

7. smyle1977

smyle1977 Member

hmm, I'll have to experiment now, thanks for the help!