1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

deep analysis and sharp thing...

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by austurk, Sep 8, 2004.

1. austurk

austurk Member

Hi everyone,
    ok here is a question. i have just got shrink 3.2 and it has another thing as well as deep analysis. i forgot what it is called but it minimises the mistakes through shrinking and it has sharp as default.
    question is, i have seen many members saying that it is good to deep analysis and it improves quality.
    How much exaclty it improves?
    i mean if after first analysis (last like a minute or two) it says the compression rate is 68%.

say i choose to deep analysis and "minimize the problem thing". does that improve the copy as if the compression rate is 80%+
    or it has nothing to do with it?
    pls some help

cheers everyone :)

2. michigan

michigan Guest

It is a quality enhancement, to me it seems to help with the movies that have more compression to put the quality on default "sharp". However it is a matter of preference try it and see of you like it.

Also the Deep analysis [bold]should[/bold] be used if you are compressing the movie more than about 80% compression (the exact amount depends on your preference), it helps a lot

3. zippyd

zippyd Active member

It might be time consuming but you might try using an RW disk and doing the same movie over using each setting and finding which you prefer. Some say that different settings are appropriate for different movies.
    Hope I've helped....

[​IMG]

4. Acme8790

Acme8790 Member

I personally found a big difference when using deep analysis. I mean for the most part when not using it the movie would play and looked ok. But I started noticing colors bleeding in certain segments of movies. The reds were way to bright, and same with oranges and yellows. It was not always throughout the whole movie. It was more in different parts of the movie. But ever since I started using Deep analysis My movies look exactly like the original. Even at 65% compression. I do deep analysis for all movies under 90% compression. Most people use 80% I just like quality and dont like to take chances on messing up a backup.

5. bmok

bmok Member

What if I don't compress? Is Deep Analysis still useful? Thanks.

6. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

7. zippyd

zippyd Active member

Basically deep analysis is shrink's way of looking at all the files and finding the best way to steal some space for better video quality under compression.