1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deep Analysis to 750MB process

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by hamil, Nov 16, 2007.

1. hamil

hamil Member

O.K., suppose I am using DVDshrink where I adjust the size to be 750MB.
    Yes, I will loose a lot of quality....
    However, if I preform 'deep analysis' while copying my movie to 750MB could I save some of the missing quality I lose in my shrink process?

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

hamil ,
    If you are shrinking the size from 4.0 Gb to 750 MB the quality will be terrible even if you can shrink it that small. Using Deep Analysis will not help when you shrink that much. Are you trying to put movies on a Ipod?

3. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Highly unlikely you could compress DVD that far as Car. Mike pointed out. Recording a full length movie from DVD to DivX (AVI) usually takes about two 700MB CDs. Trying to compress DVD to 750MB is almost impossible. Talking about compression errors, you'd be in a new realm. ;) If you're using a portable device, you need specialized software. You might want to check into something like Corel DVD Copy 6 Plus. (InterVideo and Corel merged.) There's software for compressing to formats for mobile devices by most of the media software companies. If all you want is small video files, check into DivX and other AVI formats.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2007
  4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Shrink will not compress that far, there is a lower limit. As PacMan mentioned, there is other software for that. CloneDVD Mobile, Nero Recode Digital can do this as well. Like converting DVD to Ipod.

5. hamil

hamil Member

I really don't understand you.
    after I see a movie I want to put it on my HDD.
    I don't care about quality! I already seen the movie. I just want to keep it on my laptop.
    Backup a movie to my HDD to 4GB? why on earth I will do that?
    Every movie on ones HDD should be no more that 1GB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

If all you want to do is keep it on your laptop, why not convert it to AVI?

7. hamil

hamil Member

So how can I convert .ISO to avi?

8. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

If you're using Shrink, don't put your files in an ISO. Creating an ISO is the last thing you want to do before burning a DVD. Depending on the software, it may not be needed even then. If you create an ISO or have one, then you have to mount the ISO on a virtual drive. That's extra work.

Corel DVD Copy 6 Plus is an easy conversion program and converts DVD to DivX as well as many other formats. There's a good trial, so give it a whirl. All you need to do is open a clean DVD source in the program and select DVD as the source type and DivX as the output. Then select source and target, and output type. There's more than one DivX.

There's some freeware converters around. You can search for those if you want freeware. Maybe some other members have suggestions. I've got another DivX conversion program, DivX Converter. You can check that out at http://www.divx.com/divx/webplayer/...yrv=1&yoc=divx&ydt=divxdotcom&ybt=DFW&ybv=6.7 .

9. soup1

soup1 Member

10. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

You're mistaking ISO format for a video format. ISO is simply a package for recording or handling files. An ISO can contain Video_TS files for the DVD format, DivX for AVI, or whatever a person wants to package. I've seen data files for programs in ISO. If video files come in ISO, load them on a virtual drive and process them like you would from a CD or DVD. Then open the files in the program you want to do the conversion. There's nothing complicated at all. The learning curve depends on the software that's chosen.