1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Def Jam FFNY

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by bbalzer, Sep 30, 2004.

1. bbalzer

bbalzer Guest

I copied it, and it doesn't work good. The audio and cinematics skip like crazy. I copy my games with DVD Decrypter & use Ritek G04's. I haven't had any troubles with my games until now. Is it because I have an older version of DVD Decryter or is it because my swap magic v2 is old? I'm not sure how to fix it. I tried doing the ISO Buster, and I'm not sure how to use that anyways. Please Help.

2. bbalzer

bbalzer Guest

I have a flip top, v4 ps2

3. )v(3thuD

)v(3thuD Regular member

I also have a V4 PS2 DVD Decrypter but with swapmagic and some Ritek G04's and Def Jam FFNY aint workin, i think it's the G04's my Ps2 must not like em, it does read a G03 i backed up. Madden 05, Def Jam and DVD loader all show the red border around the screen, what sucks is i bought a 50pk expecting them to work, on so many reviews for PS2 backups :(

I ran a-ray to see if i had major protections on em but they have same thing as burnout on the g03 i burnt, so it isn't cuz protection.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2004
  4. acidburn0

acidburn0 Guest

Try using a diffrent type of media. I use princo media disks 1x dvd-r. Pretty cheap stuff, I got 100 for forty bucks and I haven't had one bad burn with dvd decrypter. I backed up my copy of vendetta and it worked perfect on my v4 with flip top.

5. )v(3thuD

)v(3thuD Regular member

Yea im gonna get another brand soon, this time gonna get a 5 pack and not 50 lol, i still havn't tried the Riteks for movies on the DVD player so i hope there still usefull atleast.

6. bbalzer

bbalzer Guest

i didn't get a red border, i got a green border then a blue border and i think that means, the burn didn't work perfectly, but it will still play it but it will play bad in the cinematics & loading times. The ritek g04's were supposed to be the best and i bought 25 of them and haven't had a problem, is there a way or type of program besides DVD Decrypter that burns the file better or rips the files off the DVD game itself better?

7. odb992001

odb992001 Guest

hey i use princo to, and my copy came out perfect. i use princo for all my games with no problems.hey acidburn where did u get ur princo media from thats a great deal. a 100 for forty bucks. i get 50 for forty bucks, i would love to know were u got them. thanks

8. Spunks3

Spunks3 Regular member

i had the same problem... i burned at 4X verbatim... and 2x verbatim, same problem both times... did u download it or did u use ur original to copy?

9. bbalzer

bbalzer Guest

i used the original copy. I burned it at 1x

10. Spunks3

Spunks3 Regular member

strange... no idea man

11. )v(3thuD

)v(3thuD Regular member

I got madden and Def Jam workin, i had to adjust my lens higher to read the G04's but Def Jam too skips like crazy, i think it's my burner and Ritek G04s, possible i need a new firmware to get better results thus no more skipping etc, im using stock firmware. But i don't wanna go there, i don't have the $ to go buy a new one if it gets damaged.

12. jay33

jay33 Regular member

I don't think it's a problem with media, ps2 or burners. I also have skipping songs an dsome of the cut-scenes skip a bit. I think it's something to do with a typeof copy protection EA is trying to use.

13. acidburn0

acidburn0 Guest

odb992001, I get me disks off ebay. Just type princo 100 dvd-r 1x and you'll get your results. I think the seller's name was compcdr. The disks I got all worked fine except for about 5. All and all not bad for 50 bucks. Hope this helps.

14. josetjr

josetjr Member

I'm also getting slow load times and the green-blue border for def jam ny. I'm gonna buy a can of compressed air and see if that works to clear any dust off.

I can get the princo white-tops 50-packs for $18 in NY at local computer sale shows. www.tri-statefairs.com and www.marketpro.com

15. knapptown

knapptown Member

I've had probs. as well with DJFFNY (choppy audio, fights where only the crowds load, etc.)using dvd decrypter. I don't know about anyone else but I noticed during the read process, the file size on the game is 4,694,xxx,xxx bytes, and when you iso read it, it says a total file size of 4,584,xxx,xxx bytes while its encoding. Missing data??? I thought it was maybe the game is too big and one can't put the full "4.7" GB on a disk anyways so it can't read the whole thing. In regards to the copy protection, I thought if EA re-did their copy protection, everyone would need a new ps2, just like if they re-did the CSS protection for movies, everyone would need a new DVD player that could read it. I'm fairly new with game backups but it was an observation that may/may not help.

16. odb992001

odb992001 Guest

did any one here used decrypter, use the new version of the decrypter. the new one won't let u use the iso, it lets u ues the mds files. if u pick the iso file it will tell u to pick the mds file. i used the mds files and my defjam ffny works prefect.

17. knapptown

knapptown Member

I must be using an older version because it makes a two files on my c: drive. A large .iso file (Gb) and an .mds file that is like 5kb. I am only burning the .iso file, should I be burning the .mds as well? I only burn the .iso file when it comes to movies and haven't had any probs. but no success yet with really large game files that are over 4 Gb.

18. odb992001

odb992001 Guest

the new version of decrypter it just let u use the mds, the iso is there and pick it but it will say decrypter will pick the mds file for u. it does it for the games and the movies. and all my stuff comes out perfect just like if i used the iso. so download the new version of decrypter, and see if that works. cause my copy works great. odb

19. hunterln

hunterln Member

I have Swapmagic 3 and a slide card and almost every game I backup has those problems.
    Can you help?
    I've tried to backup Nam 67 and Spiderman 2. I've backed them up with DVD Decrypter, Nero, And Alcohol120. The backups load forever, it takes about 2-5 minutes to load the game (if it loads), then 2-5 minutes to load between levels. Then in the middle of playing, sound will start skipping but gameplay is fine.
    I've tried both Memorex DVD-R and DVD+R, and I always write at 1x.
    My ps2 is a 30001r.
    I was sucessful with my X-men Legends backup but it is smaller?
    Please help, Ive been searching on the web and thru millions of forums...??

20. hm1

hm1 Regular member

I used Ridata disk and decrypter

burned at 2X and no problems at all.

The issue maybe the ps2 disk itself or the media.

Ritek GO4 are on teh decline so i'm told.

But keep trying, it will work

(I've got a mod chip - messiah 2)