1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Def Jam: Fight for NY /// Very slow loading/choppy audio

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by jgiudici, Sep 28, 2004.

1. jgiudici

jgiudici Member

I attempted to backup my copy of DefJam Fight for NY and it burned successfully. However, when I try and play the game it takes 5-10 minutes to even load to the main screen. Then, during the the movie parts of the game the audio gets choppy as does the movie itself. Can this be happening because I am burning the games at too high of speed? I had my burner set to "No limit on recording speed". Any suggestions? Thanks

2. odb992001

odb992001 Guest

hey whats up, yes try a lower speed. i did mine at 1x speed and i have no problems with it at all. and i finished the story mode, and it was very good i must say. if that don't work try a better media disc. odb

3. dud0r

dud0r Member

I had the same problem but it wasn't my speed or media.
    try this : extract with isobuster, patch with dvdscan for dvd-r, then the game is 3gb or something that fixed it for me.

4. jgiudici

jgiudici Member

What program do you use to burn with? I have been using RecordNow which only has a mininum recording speed, it doesn't specify 2x,4x etc. I am using Ritek G04 which are supposed to be pretty good, so maybe i different program will work.

5. xplicatt

xplicatt Member

what exactly am i patching with dvd scan?

6. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

dud0r, can this problem be fixed the same way star wars battlefron was fixed using cd/dvd gen, than cd/dvd gen iso to make the iso??

7. dud0r

dud0r Member

@Jdilla: yes it can be done the same way.
    dvd scan patches the dvd protection

8. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

yes! it works, the new image after doing it with cd/dvd gen and cd/dvd gen iso is 2.64gb what a difference! i hope we can do this to every 4.36gb games

9. Ashman1

Ashman1 Regular member

10. dud0r

dud0r Member

You can always try it with the big games, but some games are really that big.

11. NBAFreak

NBAFreak Guest

WOW it feels good to be back here this is uhh I think my old name was JrIverson68 and now well I had to choose this gay one since its the only one with fewer than 10 charachters I could think of. Now about this thread! Ok I copied this game it doesnt take to long to load a few seconds more than normal and every once in a while a movie skips a part and its not my media or speed it was the way I burned it since I was in a hurry ok to burn all your games dont do direct copies and with Nero its like Burn On The Fly or something like that instead use like DVD Decrypter to make and ISO image of the game on your comp which shouldnt take much more than 4 GB so make sure you have enough space. After that gets complete switch DVD Decrypter to write mode and burn it at 1x speed and it should work perfect but make sure your media isnt like a C class media A and B should work good though! Well thats all I got to say hope it helps you and try different mehtods try to find the one that will work with the best for you!

12. )v(3thuD

)v(3thuD Regular member

Would doing that trick by making a new iso for madden also help, it was 3.34 gb, i burnt it to Ritek G04 at 2x cuz it only supports 2-4x, i had to adjust my laser to read the g04, but the game loads slow, and after choosing your team to play, once the into starts on the field the music skips, after tha tthe game plays fine, but it takes like 10-15 sec to load once each qtr ends, if i press start to bring on the options that also takes like 10-15 sec to come on, but im able to play threw the game fine, just the areas that have to load take longer, and music skips. Jst wondering if trying that would help make it load faster and music not skip. cuz it only been done on star wars BF, and Defjam that i read of, also is it actually nesessary to do that for any game thats over 3gb using swapmagic dvd 2.0 since those are the ones that tend to have the skiping slower loading? Burnout 3 was only bit over 2gb and that plays flawless.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2004
  13. Ashman1

Ashman1 Regular member

I have read that a lot of people have been using that method on all sorts of games that have minor problems. And after the new image was created the games work a lot better. Give it a try and let us know how it worked.

14. dud0r

dud0r Member

the game hangs after 98% of the story completed.
    after the fight with blaze against magic and crack.
    anyone else had that problem?
    or anyone has a solution on getting it fixed
    i got a fix from somewhere but that didn't work.

15. dud0r

dud0r Member

Bump.

16. gborrini

gborrini Member

so let me see if i get this straight

i already got the iso of the game and dvdscan

so now i need to decompress the iso with isobuster and the n open dvdscan and the...???? what?

i can imagine file-> open but which file i need to open??

and another question what is the difference between dvdscan and cddvdgen method?? can this method be used for every game (like fifa2005)?

thanks a lot!!!

17. playa707

playa707 Guest

okay i have finally successfully burned a copy of def jam ffny for ps2. Ive noticed a few factors. i have wasted numerous dvd's and after i finally backed it up i dont think it really think it matters what type of media you use. if you have other backups that work with your ps2 use the same dog gone media! first off i downloaded the game from mirc. it was not a rip . for those that want to know if it was backed up from an original copy. the answer is NO. I was using dvddecrypter old versions and new. they didnt work. i did some research and found out about some software to search for cd protection. its called clonyxxl. i mounted the iso image i downloaded and unzipped with daemon tools(cd rom drive emulator) and scanned it with clonyxxl and behold it found the drive was protected using libcrypt. do a search on google if you want to know more. anyways i also downloaded alcohol 120 ver 3.2.

all of the info above is useful but i could have avoided it using alcohol 120.

in the options ror alcohol you will see emulation
    and then extra emulation. you need to check all 3 boxes.
    1. bad sectors emulation
    2.sub-channel data fixed and emulation
    3.laser lock emulation. then you can just load the iso image into the alcohol drive emulator. the trick is you want to make a backup from the emulated drive to your hard drive and then you want to burn that file(mds format) to the dvd using alcohol.
    good luck

18. red_zone

red_zone Member

i can't get DVD Decrypter to rip this ISO. It always stops at about 92% every time with an error. Any ideas?

19. punx777

punx777 Regular member

now jgiudici, are you using swapmagic or a chip? i used to use swap magic, usually burnt at modernate speeds 3-4x games played perfectly, only prob was slight skippyness in vids and audio..... with my chip i havnt had one skip.....

now, red_zone, sounds to me like you got a pretty deep scratch, what id reccomend (assuming your not a pirate and you actually own the origonal,.. arrr) go rent a copy and back that up. since you already own the game, should be no problem

or, if you have one of those scratch fixers, try that first.. :)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]matrix infiniy modded ps2
    POS hp, p4, 250 gigs, 1g ram dvd+r/w
    xbox(thinkin about flashing tsop soon)
    www.norcalmods.com did my ps2 mod, cheap n fast:)
    ME LIKE HOCKEY[/small]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2004
  20. iriedawta

iriedawta Guest

okay.....i'm stumped. i used isobuster to extract the iso image>then used dvdscan to patch the file. how do i burn this file if its not in a iso image no more????