1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Def Jam Fight For NY

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by drumkid21, Dec 7, 2004.

1. drumkid21

drumkid21 Regular member

Has anyone been able to successfully backup FFNY??? i copied it twice and both times the load times take FOREVER and the cutscenes skip like crazy! any suggestions on how to fix this problem would really help!! Thanks!

2. dud0r

dud0r Member

Extract the game with isobuster.
    Rebuild it with cddvdgen that should solve the problem.

3. siralos

siralos Member

burn it on low speed (2x) and use Verbatim DVD-R 4x;
    I don't think the iso is the problem.

4. dud0r

dud0r Member

the iso got 2gb of filler data on it.
    Smaller games run faster.

5. drumkid21

drumkid21 Regular member

have any of you guys got it to work? and if so, what method did u use...thanks!

i should also add, if i used isobuster and then cdvdgen, what files would i need to use/not use? Thanks again!

Last edited: Dec 8, 2004
  6. odb992001

odb992001 Guest

I used decrypter iso-read and then iso-write.made a perfect copy that way.it may be the media. hope that helps you. odb

7. drumkid21

drumkid21 Regular member

has anyone else had luck using this method? thanks!

can you tell me step by step what you did using decrypter? sorry! i'm new to it!

Last edited: Dec 8, 2004
  8. joker82

joker82 Member

what ya'll had the same problem first it all came down to copying the mds file not the iso for some reason it eaither doesn't play or its very hooptie audio messed up and takes forever to load. Also to like a lot of people say it could be your media always use named brand dvd-+r I used meromax, tdk is also good especially for gta san andreas. and always burn at the lowest speed you can go. if you got 1x thats the best well for me at least. I used dvd decyrpter for all my games. hope this helps peace.

9. drumkid21

drumkid21 Regular member

hey, im still confused about what i need to do to burn...can you please tell me step by step what i need to do to backup the game? thanks!!

10. odb992001

odb992001 Guest

if u have decrypter,go to the top were it says mode,click on it and choose iso read. click on the bottom part. the picture with the disc and hard drive,it should take 5min.go back to mode at the top and pick iso write click on picture of the drive and disc brun at a slow speed if u like. and thats it when its finished the game is ready to play. if u don't have decrypter u download it from this site. hope that helps u out. and u need a modchip or swapmagic disc to play the copy game. odb

11. drumkid21

drumkid21 Regular member

thanks! i will give it a shot now, just wondering - did you get your copy to work without skips/long load times? i also read on some posts that you have to copy three files and combine them or something, but the directions weren't very clear. if you have a working copy though i'll give it a shot using decrypter. thanks!

12. odb992001

odb992001 Guest

i just used decrypter and no skipps no long loads. its perfect. have no problems with it and i had it when it first came out. so try and see if that helps. iso-r then iso-w. odb

13. drumkid21

drumkid21 Regular member

ok, i just used decrypter to iso-read, now i have to burn it, i set it to iso-write...do i have to choose the MDS file that was created as the source? there were 2 files that were created after doing iso-read, but do i just use the MDS or both? sorry for being such a noob!

14. odb992001

odb992001 Guest

yes u can if u have the lastest version of decrypter, older decrypter u just use the iso.

15. joker82

joker82 Member

copy the mds if you burn the iso it might work but it will skip freeze or what ever or you will just get a black screen. I tried this three times with decrypter and it only had a blck screen the burn was succesful but it didn't play so try themds file and trust me it will work and if it don't there somthing else wrong like media or somthing hope you get it yo!

16. drumkid21

drumkid21 Regular member

thanks man! you've been so helpful! i'll start burning now and let you know how it goes!

17. drumkid21

drumkid21 Regular member

yea! it worked!! thanks so much!!!

18. odb992001

odb992001 Guest

thanks and happy copying

19. drumkid21

drumkid21 Regular member

ok, so i've been playing the backup, and it plays and loads A LOT faster than the first couple of tries, but it's still probably only about 75% speed at the loading, and the audio skips a lot throughout everything...i don't know what else to do, but thanks again for your help!

20. biggoltee

biggoltee Member