1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Def Jam Icon I renamed the file in Notepad

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by paine23, Mar 9, 2007.

1. paine23

paine23 Member

I renamed the file with notepad )edit) and I tried to burn it twice with Clone CD they both failed. Now I am confused. It says it is pre-patched so I should not have to use ssmerger. I am confused.If you are a newsgrouper I am BigMike23 have been asking about this on Newsbin, or whatever newsreader you have. I noticed somebody else asked about this got the answer but they never posted if they got this to work. I have the pioneer 111d i use memorex never had a problem so I need to know what is up with this I want this game.

Also when CloneCD fails there is no way to find out why it failed? woulden't that be helpful? Do you guys use xbox backup creator to test the files once you download them? Holla BAck at your Boy and thanks for all ya "that do what ya do"

2. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

if you renamed the name of the file on the .dvd file you need to rename the iso with the same name

3. andro1d

andro1d Regular member

the iso is fine, you got the file that says like ccclx-dji right? the iso should be ccclx-dji.iso and in the .dvd file it says ccclx.iso so you need to rename that to ccclx-dji.iso then just burn it in imgburn

4. paine23

paine23 Member

o.k. when you say i have to rename the iso you mean just the usual way right? not in notepad I tried that it wont open. I do not feel lik easting another DL disc so I might wait and get imgburn, Also tell me where i can get imgburn since I am not getting to work with CloneCD.

Did anybody have anyproblems with NBA homecourt?

5. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Open the .dvd file in notepad and name it the correct name of the .iso. Save the .dvd file and burn. If it doesn't work, do Like I did and rename the .iso ICON.iso and then open the .dvd file and change the name of the .iso to ICON.iso and then burn.

6. paine23

paine23 Member

Thanks I tried that twice already although not with ICON will try now. Please make something clear for me when you change the DVD file you use and change it with NotePAd when you rename the Iso file how is the correct way to do it??? I tried right clicking and going down to rename. it renames the file but Clone CD did not take it. So when you say you went in and changed the 2 file to ICON how did you do it? right clock? i tried note pad but it says that it is to big to open. Let me know. And do you use Clone CD or IMGBURN?

7. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Open notepad
    Type this in
    Layerbreak=1913760
    ICON.iso

Save this file as ICON.dvd

Next right click the .iso file and scroll down to rename
    Rename it ICON.iso

Open clone CD and burn ICON.dvd at 4x on Verbatim DVD+R DL.

8. Memnock

Memnock Active member

Also you can just burn it DVD Decrpyter. That's what I did. Make sure the burner is set to DVD and you set the layer break at 1913760 and you're good.

9. crazyp88

crazyp88 Guest

hey guys, i am having a problem also with def jam, when i go to burn the file with imgburn, i get a error saying: canot open file, reason: the system cannot find the file specified. and the files are called ccclx-dji. i extrated the files like i allways do and this one just wont burn. how do i need to rename the file and what files need to be renamed.
    thanks guys. P.S. i read the preveous notes you guys wrote but i am very mixedup.

10. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

1. Do you have the .dvd file and the iso?
    2. try burning just the iso with imgburn or something like that
    3. if you have both files use xbox backup creator

11. crazyp88

crazyp88 Guest

i dont see a file called .dvd but i do have the iso, i think its the one that look like a gold cd, when i check the properties its called PowerISO File. so i guess its the iso file.

12. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

ok so you downloaded it, make a new text file and type in:

Layerbreak=1913760
    ccclx-dji.iso

and save it as ccclx-dji.dvd and open that file in xbox backup creator and burn it...

13. mvp_153

mvp_153 Member

2 questions:

1.) Instead of renaming in Notepad, couldn't I jus right click the file and rename it?

2.)so, the iso file becomes ccclx-dji.iso, and so does the "dvd" file?

14. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

if you have a .dvd file you dont need to rename anything

15. mvp_153

mvp_153 Member

but the .dvd file wasnt opening up with imgburn:(, and neither was the iso file

16. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

then use xbox backup creator