1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Def Jam Icon

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by R1speed, Mar 7, 2007.

1. R1speed

R1speed Member

I just backed up def jam icon.
    When i started the game it gave me a message saying
    (An update is required to play this game.)
    My question is this.
    If an update is performed will it affect the flash that is on my system?
    Or has anyone else backed up this game?
    And if so did you get the same Message.
    Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2007
  2. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

yes, it will make your xbox explode dont do it, for the love of God dont do it!!!!!!!!!!

*edit* btw piracy is illegal, and im calling the cops, if you knew how to read you wouldnt even have to ask

Last edited: Mar 7, 2007
  3. R1speed

R1speed Member

I didnt ask for a smart ass answer you assclown!
    I have read thru several pages none of which is the same as mine.
    If you have a valid response to my question then post it it would be appreciated.
    Punks like you and your smart ass answers are what make most public forums not worth visiting.

4. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

first of all dont insult someone who knows much more about a subject than you do especially if you want help, your thread may be about a different game but its the same thing, and if you knew how to read you would know that, it has been said on several different threads "updating a flashed console will not hurt it" and 'newbies' keep asking over and over again, also in the rules that you didnt read, it says not to harass or try and insult someone. Thats two strikes against you, i cant wait till a mod handles you

5. navsav

navsav Regular member

Its just a game update no worries. In fact I am not sure if there is a update out there that will hurt your flashed drive.

Hell xbox marketplace sucked a few more dollars out of my pocket so why would they ever want to ban people from live!

6. R1speed

R1speed Member

Then dont assume that because my status says newb that i am one.
    Ive been reading this forum probably long before you saved enough allowance to afford an xbox!
    And you can keep your comments about being able to read to yourself.
    If you are too immature to just answer a question that is asked without being a smartass and insult my ability to read then my friend you are no better off to this forum than the next idiot who just wants to mouth off.
    I believe the structure of this forum is to help each member to help educate others about things we all enjoy!
    So the next time you feel the need to pop off at the mouth stop and think if it really serves any purpose!
    And why is it so important to you that a mod gets a hold of this? What good is that going to do anyone?
    Just try being helpfull and not so quick to judge and you might not get responses like this, Who knows, I might have knowledge you could use sometime, Who knows.

7. R1speed

R1speed Member

Thanks, i made a call and found out shortly after i posted this. thanks for the help.

8. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

use the edit button and dont post pad yourself, and if you werent a newb then you would know that an update does not hurt an xbox, we have said this more times than you can count, and just for shits and giggles, if you have been here so long, why are you a newb still? and didnt have to save to get my 360, just went and bought it, but nice effort trying to insult my age...

9. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

I agree with the helping part but I also have seen this question on EVERY big release for the 360.. 10 or 20 threads with the same question... But this will help you. ANYTHING that wants to update when you load a game is a game update. ANYTHING that wants to update just by turning on the console is a dashboard update. You only need to worry about dashboard updates.

10. R1speed

R1speed Member

The reason really ins of no concern of yours but i`ll humor you!
    I usualy read yes i know to you it may be hard to comprehend but yes in fact i can read.
    I usually dont like to post up in many forums due to the ignorance of a lot of people, Well for example like you have shown. And most forums are full of it. I usually choose to figure it out myself.
    The only reason i posted this question this morning is i was in a hurry to the airport and the person that is watching my home wanted to play it, and i did not have the luxury of spending the time to research it any further.Probably unlike yourself i have a demanding life which leaves little time for hobbies such as this and even less time and tolerance for people such as yourself.
    So in the future if you do not like a question i may have please keep your unneeded comments to yourself!

11. R1speed

R1speed Member

Thanks!

12. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

i thought dash updates comes with game also. im pretty sure.

r1speed dont call people assclown

13. zero129

zero129 Member

GOD!!.
    Will the 2 of ye just shut up.
    Ye have made your point.
    Some people on this forum could be a little more helpful, it takes like how long to say "No"???.

And some people just shouldn't keep going on.