1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Defective Assasins creed discs???

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by Bawango, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Bawango

Bawango Regular member

So I finally bought Assassins Creed this afternoon. I got the "Collectors Edition" at EB games and had to wait all afternoon to play it as I bought it on my lunch hour. I finally pop the game in the old PS3 later this evening and it looked like everything was going smooth. The standard warning that the games saves automatically came up. After the warning message faded I got this message " Game data is corrupt. Exit the game and then restart after deleting Assassin's Creed Game." I did what the message told me to do for about 5 times and the same thing happened all 5 times. Did the standard trouble shooting, restarted the PS3, even turned the machine completely off via the switch found at the back. Tried my Drake demo and that worked and I tried Tiger Woods 2007 which is a full game and that loaded up normally. Anyone else run into this problem and fixed it or did you have to go back to the store and get a new copy?!? I'm so disappointed as I was very much looking forward to play this game :(

2. lmaosix

lmaosix Regular member

that horrible news :( im looking forward to gettign this game too, and thisis the type of news i want to hear. hmm, well there usually is a guarentee for a new game, can't you get it replace/refunded? and hopefully itll work with that fresh copy

3. Bawango

Bawango Regular member

Thats the next step. I did call Sony to make sure that its not a hardware related issue or a firmware 2.0 issue. I asked the Sony agent if I were the first one to call in regards to my issue and she said I was the first one she got. She did mention that there were a few disc read error involving Assassins Creed due to the firmware 2.0 update. I'm sure I just got a bad disc so I will be going back to get an exchange.

4. prutherf

prutherf Member

Same Problems after buying game after getting off work at 8: 30 pm , just got to Game Stop by 9:00 pm at closing time , now it is midnight , having same corrupt game save problem !!!!! Any ideas or fixes ? ?Is it a bad disc ? Hopefully I `ll be checking this thread in the morning and playing by tommorrow afternoon on my oly day off this week.This is a first time posting for me , I am very impressed with the volume of knowlege and `Tekkie Tricks` that are talked about in a very open format and are providing a much needed service helping us interpet this fast changing electronic world.

5. prutherf

prutherf Member

Got It !! There are two folders with Game Data on the XMB , The folder that says Game Data ( Game Save Data is the other one and the one you see first ) .Delete the one in `Game Data~. Apparently some kind of error occurs if you dont install game data after inserting the disc and let the ps3 go to `sleep ` .

6. Bawango

Bawango Regular member

Thanks prutherh! Did what you wrote and it is now working. Thanks for saving me the trip to EB.

7. bugs571

bugs571 Member

Nice catch,the game data file does the trick!