1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deja Vu! final verdict question?

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by Headborg, May 18, 2007.

1. Headborg

Headborg Regular member

Ok, my wife wants it backed up.....what tool was the final verdict for ripping this title? It thwarted my wife's attempts with Decrypter,DVDFab plat, Shrink. We want the whole disc not just the title movie.
    I might try re-installing AnyDVD verison ??, will that get 'er done?
    Or does "Tim the Tool Man" need to invest in more POWER!

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

What you have listed should do the job on this one.

The only kicker on this one is there is another file that's a little longer than the main movie - title 2. You want title 1.

You should be able to rip w/ DVDFab or Decrypter then open those files in Shrink and let it do it's thing.

If you had a trial of AnyDVD once on this pc you may be out of luck reinstalling it. You only get 1 21 day free trial before you have to buy it.

3. Headborg

Headborg Regular member

What's in the title 2 folder and is it anything we would WANT?
    She tried decrypter and dvdfab while I was gone, said no luck...can I rip around this second folder problem and still have previews, menu, options etc?

4. binkie7

Oh title 2 is not a folder it's one of the titles when you rip the dvd.
    If you were doing movie only the program might pick title 2 cause it's the largest title.

Just pick the video_ts folder when ripping - you'll get the whole dvd - previews, menus and all.
    Either Decrypter or DVDFab can handle this one - nothing special protection wise.

5. Headborg

Headborg Regular member

ok, thnks..i'll give it a shot tomorrow nite...meanwhile i'll reinstall AnyDVD JIK

6. jony218

jony218 Guest

First use DVDfabHDdecrypter like binkie7 recommended (make sure anydvd is deactivated), once you got it ripped go to the folder where the dvd was decrypted and you need to run the VOB files through FixVTS (this will fix them so DVDshrink can open them). Without running the files through FixVTS first, you won't able to backup any of the latest movies.I think that's the only thing you are missing to get the job done.

7. Headborg

Headborg Regular member

thnks guys for all the help.....Don't know what the Mrs problem was....I just stuck it in DVDFabPlatium.....ripped it right as rain...not a single problem. Thinks Binkie7 good to see/hear from you again.

8. binkie7

Maybe she just had an off night :)

Good to see ya around too Headborg - don't be a stranger :)