1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Delayed Write Errors

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by Mandrex54, Sep 7, 2003.

1. Mandrex54

Mandrex54 Member

Hi all,
    While using both DVDDecrypter and DVDXCOPY I got the above error. I tried a couple things from Microsoft like the registry hack (no joy) and the patch(no joy as you need "info" on your OS... :)...) Also stopped my "crunching for cancer" Grid.org program(real CPU hog but cancer is far worse...) still got the error. Also disabled caching...
    Whatda think??????
    Thanks,
    Henry

2. Traveler5

Traveler5 Guest

I have had the same problem. Found out that Memorex DVD-Ram is defective. Changed media and problem went away.

3. Mandrex54

Mandrex54 Member

Kewl, but my prob (left this out...doh!) comes when I try to read the DVD.... Pioneer 115. Maybe some sort of compatibility issue....
    Thx,
    H

4. Traveler5

Traveler5 Guest

I even got the error message just after inserting the disk in the drive. Which is when it tries to read the disk. The activity light on the front of the drive flashes also. I have a Matshita DVD-Ram LF-D311. Got a replacement from vendor and it was worse, so I sent it back and have been using the original drive for over a year. The media was Memorex DVD-RAM 4.7. Never had a problem with DVD-R media.

5. Mandrex54

Mandrex54 Member

The error comes when reading a store bought DVD of say 8 Mile. Decrypter is trying to read that disk to store it on the HD. Anyone get this error when doing that?