1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deleted "corrupt data" icons and now some isos won't work. Help!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by satcgal, Jul 4, 2007.

1. satcgal

satcgal Member

I have 3.40oe-a and a stupid friend deleted the "corrupted data" icon from my psp and now some games don't run like NBA live 07. PSP just freezes up when I run this game and I have to hold power button for like 10 or 20 sec for it to turn off.
    I have it running 1.50 kernel, have enabled and disabled the "hide corrupted data icon" and the "use no umd" and no changes. I even tried re-installing 3.40oe-a and then installed 3.30oe-a and still no luck.
    I was thinking about restoring 1.5 and installing 3.40oe-a from scratch to see if that would work. Does anyone know if this could work? Or have an alternative to this?
    Please help!!!
    thanks

2. cnj0_6

cnj0_6 Guest

HAve you tried reformating the memory stick? Make sure your UMD is in. Try that then reload the game....all the other settings seem to bI do not believe that the corrupted data n the MS has anything to do with the game..I had that FW as well and being a noobmy self i went to 3.03 oe-c, it was stated in other forums as being more STABLE and got it from But i have that same game and i have no probs with it other than starting off with a fake memory stick i got from e bay.

i dont know what other homebrews you have running.... What would be the reason for you having the corrupt icon? what did it belong to? Oh and reformat you MS when your done upgrading.

3. satcgal

satcgal Member

I just noticed that the "recovery mode" (turning on while pressing R) goes blank when I try to enter the configurations section. I have installed 3.03 oe-c, 3.40 oe-a and same thing happened. So I don't even know how to go back to 1.5 because it won't let me change any recovery config. I tried setting it to boot in recovery and psp just froze.
    I don't know what else to do and am afraid of bricking it.
    Can anyone help please?

4. satcgal

satcgal Member

cnj0- thanks for your suggestions but I tried with another mem stick from a friend which works well on hers with same game but not on mine. I don't know exactly what the corrupt icon was from. All I know is it came up as soon as I updated to custom firmware and never had a problem with any game until it was deleted. Apparently it screwed up some part of the recovery mode. Reinstalling doesn't fix it either.

5. cnj0_6

cnj0_6 Guest

I know this might not help but try another 303 oe c installer i dont5 know what else would help..Just remember to reformat after instal and reset to default sorry i could not help maybe someone else will see this and offer more help

6. vinny13

vinny13 Guest

I'm not sure what to do, sorry. But once you get this working again, I advise you to go into the recovery mode and enable "hide corrupt data" so no one can get at them.

7. cnj0_6

cnj0_6 Guest

You know I do that but they are still there but i dont mind my XMB has a cool custom corrupt icon.. But why do mine still appear if i choose to hide them in the recovery menu?

8. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

I don't know why, but the "hide corrupt icon" doesn't work well. Sometimes it'll just make your OE unstable. Leave it disabled.

To hide corrupt icons for homebrews you need to add a __SCE__ and %__SCE__ in front of the folder name. For example:

The original folder names are

VAMP
    VAMP%

rename them to

__SCE__VAMP
    %__SCE__VAMP

Note: it's __SCE__ (double underscore on each side), not _SCE_

9. cnj0_6

cnj0_6 Guest

Will give it a go thanks ya'll!