1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deleted Evox and xbmc root files

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by jrock29, Apr 11, 2007.

1. jrock29

jrock29 Member

Someone else put a evox w/xbmc softmod on my xbox about 2 years ago. i recently tried to delete xbmc to upgrade to a newer version. Being a newb i deleted the boot files, before i did this i noticed through FTP that the F drive changed to Q but my other partitions are still there. ive tried to recover and reformat with no success but i also dont really know where to start. i have tried making an xboxhdm with my orig. 30 gig drive and putting the drive in my pc but it doesnt seem to recognize the drive. ive also tried putting in as a slave but won't recognize then either. Please help i love XBMC and have figured most out on my own with these very appreciated programs found! But i call mercy!

2. steimy

steimy Active member

can you access the xbox at all? Will it load a burned DVD?
    If it will load a DVD you can download Slayer 2.7 and use it to re-install a dashboard (I suggest either UnleashX or EvoX and not XBMC as a dash) Then you can update all of your apps using slayers update option. You will have to rename the folder back to F: though using a file browser on the MS Dash or with FTP if you can.

If you can FTP you could just get a copy of the XBMC dash and FTP it to the correct folder ( C: )

3. jrock29

jrock29 Member

not sure i will try! I know that i tried a few games and got halo 2 to load. but with that drive that is all i have been able to do.

4. jrock29

jrock29 Member

I cannot boot to a dvdr or cdr just a few games. I can put it in a pc and see it with device manager but it does not show up as a useable drive in my computer. I would be satisfied at this point just to start clean but I would like to use this drive. Any suggestions on how to do so?