1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deleting and Creating Chapters

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by xStealthx, Jul 31, 2007.

1. xStealthx

xStealthx Member

I have a DVD, Ready to burn. Only problem is, I dont know why this happened but theres an odd 400 chapters in it.. I want to make this into 4 chapters at specific times, is this possible? I atleast want to get rid of them.. I burnt it onto a DVD, when I play it on my DVD Player what i get is a small pause every 20 seconds when it is going onto the next chapter..

Can someone help me by directing me to a program that can do this, and a guide would be helpful too!

Thanks,
    -- Stealth

2. attar

attar Senior member

One way is with Rejig.You can demux/remux the files and you will have one large chapter.

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/ReJig

Start Rejig, select 'File Mode'.
    On the right pane, check 'Fix and correct AC3 delay' and set 're-compression Factor' at 100%.

Click 'Add', browse to the DVD folder and select all the VOB files (VTS_01_1.VOB, VTS_01_2.VOB, etc) then click 'Open' then 'Done'.

On the right pane select the video stream and 'Demux' to a new folder.
    Repeat for each audio stream and exit.

Select 'DVD Author', load the video and audio, select the output folder and 'Create';the output goes to a new folder.

Check the files with DVD Shrink.

An alternative is TMPGenc DVD Author (14 day trial)
    Load the files from the DVD folder and in the 'Cut Edit' step you can add chapters manually.
    http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/download/tda3.html#trial

3. xStealthx

xStealthx Member

Before posting this thread I tried alot of programs.

TMPGenc DVD Author was one of them. Thanks alot by the way, attar.

Well I wanted to be able to make chapter points at certain points, but when I start TMPGenc DVD Author 2.0 it says: The computer CPU does not support the SSE extended instruction set. The software cannot run on it.

I'm on a crappy PC right now, which may be the cause of the CPU error XD Is there a way to get around this? If not i'll be using the other program you suggested. THanks again, attar.

Ok so I realised you linked me to 3.0, and i was using 2.0, so I tried 3.0 and it told me that it can't run on old athlon systems. I guess i'll go with Rejig.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2007
  4. attar

attar Senior member

Last edited: Jul 31, 2007
  5. xStealthx

xStealthx Member

Great thanks alot, I'll try it out!

6. attar

attar Senior member

I just tried it with Rejig (I called the text file 'Chapter Files.txt') and tested the output with DVD Shrink and it showed the four chapters.
    I never bothered to burn to DVD.

7. xStealthx

xStealthx Member

Been following the guide you linked me to, and its working flawlessly. I can't thank you enough attar ;) been working on this for hours yesterday and today!