1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

deleting cells from vob

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by neil_sue, Aug 4, 2002.

1. neil_sue

neil_sue Guest

Just need to know how to remove a cell from a vob as lots of films i try to back up are just over 4.36 gb and i'm hopeing to remove the end credits or forward credits to drop down below 4.36 gb. I am using ifoedit Thanks in anticipation !!!!

2. dalboy

dalboy Member

What media are you using?
    White Label & Datasafe DVD's have a capacity of 4,489mb which should be big enough to fit your movie on.
    If in Uk go to http://www.digitalpromo.co.uk/
    Both brands £0.87 each and are pretty compatible with standalone players.
    Hope this helps

3. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

4.7 GB converted to computer units (1024 per thousand) is 4.37 GB as neil_sue says:

4,700,000,000 / 1024 / 1024 / 1024 = 4.377Gig.

Not sure how to remove cells from VOBs that have already been ripped. I have done this via DVDdecrypter and SmartRipper durinng the ripping phase tho.

Do you still have the original disc?

4. grashley

grashley Guest

I'm new at this as well. I had a movie that after ripping and stripping found that the size was 4.38Gig it would not burn with RecordNow. So I ripped it again using Smartripper and the Movie option and only selected the chapters that I required. There were 19 chapters it so happened that the last two chapters contained the credits at the end of the movie, so I did not rip these. With these 17 chapters I created the new VIDEO_TS & VTS_01_0.IFO files using IFoEdit. I also remembered to select 'Get VTS Sectors' for both these files. The finished product was the entire movie come in at 4.26Gig and I had 80Meg to spare on the DVD-R. The movie played perfect on my stand alone Sony DVD.