1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

deleting extras

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by bigzzs04, Apr 5, 2005.

1. bigzzs04

bigzzs04 Member

How do I delete extras off dvds in order to make room for burning ?

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

It depends on what program you use. What are you going to use for your dvd backups?

Jerry

3. bassnut

bassnut Regular member

DVD Shrink can do it for you or you can use Vob Blanker. Personaly I like Vob Blanker. I just finished Electra, All that is left is the menue .... movie .... chapters and the deleted sceens. If you need some help check out this guide here ..... You can thank Sadsac later. It is fairly straight forward and simple .... give it a go ..... I did and I am glad I did.

http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/vobblanker.html

4. sadsac

sadsac Guest

You can save some space by selecting the extra feature you don't want to keep, then clicking on "still image" on the right in DVD shrink.

As bassnut said, VOB blanker is the best way to go. It's a little more involved, but you can save TONS of space by using it.

Typically, if you use the "still image" feature in DVD shrink, you can expect to shrink the extra down to several megabytes. By using VOB blanker, you can shrink it down to mere kilobytes. Depending on the disk and how many extras there are, this can greatly improve the quality of your main movie. If you have just a few extras, it won't save you that much space to make that much difference.

More often than not, it's worth the extra space to use VOB blanker. IMO, any percentage you can save on compression is worth a little extra time.

5. IPswichcs

IPswichcs Member

thank you very much for this guide, quite helpful and easy to follow...plus its free using free programs, what more could you want?! Awesome job guys :D

6. freedom2

freedom2 Regular member

if you use DvDShrink you can Re-author (Movie Only) then burn with DVDDecypter or your choice of burners............

good day.......
    free...........

7. drake1820

drake1820 Member

I have been using DVD Remake to delete unwanted material and have had great results. Never used VOB blanker. Can you delete angles and split into 2 disks using it?