1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deleting media

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by gshrubb, Feb 3, 2007.

1. gshrubb

gshrubb Guest

I was wondering if anyone knew how I could delete media off my blank DVD's. When I was experimenting with DVD Shrink first up there is a few (around 7) discs that say Disc Not Empty whenever I try to write onto them when I use DVD Decrypter.

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Are these blank dvd's that you get this message - never burned anything on them?

If you've burned anything on them and they are either - or + R media then they can't be erased. Only - or + RW media can be erased.

3. gshrubb

gshrubb Guest

I was trying to burn a disc but then an error came up and then it said that it was not empty anymore.

4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

You're outta luck. If you burned anything at all to a +/-R it won't work. They're not erasable like the RW. It takes special software to work in sessions with +/-R and even then you're adding data, not deleting or editing.

5. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

if the disks are not finalised you can still put stuff on them, but like the other poster said the only type of media that can be wiped is + or - rw

6. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

did the burning, even of the lead-in, already start? if so, you won't be able to continue burning unless you've formatted for what i believe is called a multi-session disc. better to start from scratch and/or use RW's until you have your methods down.