1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

deleting old avi's

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by Pugsly456, Feb 9, 2003.

1. Pugsly456

Pugsly456 Guest

I have several avis that i want to delete but every time I try to delete them I get a message that says,"ERRORDELETING FILE OR FOLDER: The file is being used by another program, please close the program and try again". I've tried everything, rebooting, registry hacks, different removal software but nothing works. It wont even let me change the file name. By the way I am, using XP Home.

2. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

Your files are possibly in the Shared Folder of Kazza, or suchlike. Disconnect from Kazza and try again.

I could be barking up the wrong tree.

Paul.

3. Pugsly456

Pugsly456 Guest

I figured it out. After removing an entry in the registry I fogot to reboot, So I did so and I am not having any more troubles. The only catch is now I cant view the properties of the file when I right click on it.

Oh Well! I guess I'll just have to use virtual dub

4. Deacon

Deacon Member

this is a quick fix for your problem. in the folder that you're trying to delete from, create a dummy folder using "new folder". highlight the dummy folder, press ctrl, highlight the file you want to delete. press delete. this should work with the error message being displayed.