1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deleting Xbox Live Account?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by andersg, May 21, 2007.

1. andersg

andersg Regular member

A while back, I sold my 360 to a guy down the street cause it was broken and he said he was gunna do his best to fix it and mod it, or something like that. I am lookin into buying a newer 360 now because all of the earlier bugs are fixed. Is there a way to delete my old gamertag so that I will be able tro reuse the same name one my new 360 when I get the cash to buy it? or will I have to use some other variation of my old gamertage by putting numbers after it, for example?

2. steimy

steimy Active member

unless you have a current account then you will have to make a new one. If you have a current account then you can just have the 360 get and use that one.

3. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

im kind of confused what you mean! recover that old gamertag and ad a password so that the other guy can't use your account!

4. andersg

andersg Regular member

Well, I sold him the xbox probably almost a year ago now and I have looked on xbox to see if he has used it while it has been connected to live. I don't have anything personal on there like a credit card and I have a password in order to log in. I am not really that worried whether or not he used hthe account. I was wondering if I could delete the account fully so that it is like it no longer exists so that I can reuse the username on my new xbox I am planning to buy asap.

For example. I had a xbox about a year ago and then I sold it so I need to delete that username so I can reuse that same username on a new console. Sorry I wasnt more clear before.

5. steimy

steimy Active member

if the account is no longer active i doubt that they save your gamertag for you.

6. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

they do save it in the registry. i have an old account that i had on an original xbox and i wanted to restore it but i couldnt. every time i tried to make that account name it said it was already in use but the subscription expired six months prior to that. call MS maybe they can do something for you.

7. andersg

andersg Regular member

Yeah, I'll call them when I get the money lol. Theres no use calling so early.
    For all I know, this guy down the road could be using my account and just not connecting it to live so it updates on Xbox.com for others to see.

8. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

can't you recover your gamertag? if its a pass the other guy can't use it so your safe with your account!

9. andersg

andersg Regular member

You're right, I could always just recover it but I was thinkin' it'd be cool to have a fresh start with my new Xbox. I have like 7000+ points. It doesn't matter too much but it would be cool if it could be done.