1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dell help needed

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by jebdrup, Feb 12, 2005.

1. jebdrup

jebdrup Member

I bought a DELL 8400 w/ both the 16x DVD and 16x DVD+/-RW w/dbl layer write capability. I've had the computer for a couple months and now I want to burn DVD and can not get it to work. I first bought Fujifilm DVD-R disk and I get an error that it can not read the disk so ok, I look on the back of the box and it says it does not write/record DVD+RW.

I then go to Best Buy and I tell the kid in the computer department what happen and he told me that the Memorex DVD+R would work but when I try the disk it starts to record then ejects the disk and I get an error message that to insert a new disk and try again.

Sorry, such a long post but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. rhino351

rhino351 Regular member

what are you using to burn need more info

3. jebdrup

jebdrup Member

I can not even burn pictures from my documents. I downloaded Clone DVD and it kicks the disks out. Are these DVD burners that sensative to different disk?

4. llongtheD

llongtheD Guest

First, find the make and model of the drive thats in your dell, and make sure it has the latest firmware. Here's a link: http://forum.rpc1.org/portal.php
    Then let us know what steps and programs you are using to burn your dvd's with.

5. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

6. MarkNZ

MarkNZ Regular member

1. Can you Play a DVD on that drive?

2. If not then you have a faulty DVD writer

3. Ask for a new one

7. gm1216

gm1216 Member

Call Dell & tell them what it is doing. They will give you an updated patch for your dvd. Father in law had the same exact problem, and his is working now.