1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dell Inspiron 3000 Problem

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by core2kid, Jul 12, 2007.

1. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

This is a fairly old laptop (Windows 95 Era) and I used it in my basement for music and internet when needed. I recently tried to power it on and all I heard was the hard drive initialize and the the fan kick into high speed. I am able to open the CD drive, hit Caps Lock (and the computer caps lock LED lights up) and I am able to turn it off and on without pulling out the power cord (except when I turn it off the LCD by the on switch shows a floppy disk). I get no picture on the main LCD and the fan doesn't go back to low like it used to (used to turn on with fan on high, then go to low and show BIOS on LCD) Now I am good in computers and good in hardware and I think this means a processor misalignment (processor is soldered onto a removable circuit board) or failure. Is this right or is there some other problem that I could possibly fix myself? I can post pics of the laptop if needed. http://i.dell.com/images/global/products/esupport/149x149/inspn_3000.jpg
    That is a picture of the laptop, as you can see it has a small LCD screen across from the touchpad.

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

I would play "Taps", and give it a proper burial.

3. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

I was thinking of selling it in parts on e-bay (LCD is in excellent condition, CD Drive works great, Good memory, Fairly new 20GB Hard drive, working keyboard) How much do you think I could make on it?